Can't say enough!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Can't say enough!!!!!

Okay you guys! As most of you know I had to switch Paige's (chihuahua) food to the 'Nature's Recipe' and get her off of the chicken formula since she was allergic. Anyway I was referred to the 'Solid Gold' foods by one of our own and I can not say enough! We switched Paige again because she was very allergic to the Nature's Resipe- we're talking bald spot itchies!
So we ordered some stuff from Solid Gold- the Hundchen Flocken Puppy Food, 4 canned foods- Turkey, Ocean Fish, Sweet Potatoes, and carrots (also contains, sesame oil, Alfalfa sprouts and cottage cheese.) And we also got her some 'Cinnabone' Biscuits.
Now we only got the food yesterday so it is still a little early, but I opened up that bag and was looking at the dry food and she smelled it and came runing in the kitchen so I gave her a few pieces and when she was done with them she sat up pretty like it was a treat and she wanted more! So I put some in her bowl with the Nature's Recipe and I swear she picked all of the Solid Gold out of the old stuff!
Since we got her she hasn't eaten enough to make her belly all pudgy like most puppies do ( you know what I mean?) anyway I was getting concerned because I was leavin her bowl full of food all the time and you could still see her ribs, now I know Chihuahua's are small breed dogs and are supposed to be lean but I was getting really concerned, she was so skinny! Well today I gave her some of the canned food by itself(only 1/2 the 5.5oz can) and she scrapped the bowl! And finally her little tummy was pugdy and sticking out a little from the sides of her like most puppies bellies do after a good meal!

I am so glad I bought this food and I wanted to pass on my info to the rest of you! :tongue3:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 04:25 PM

Hmmmm thanks for the referance. I'm feeding Pixie (my little chi girl) Science Diet and she seems to like it, but if we need to ever switch, I'll keep that in mind
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Miss New Booty

I'm so glad the Solid Gold is working so well for Paige, Angela!!! Awesome!!!! It sounds like she loves it!! It's such a good food. Did you have to order it online, or did you find a store nearby that carries it?
Any new pictures of Paige?!?!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Its great that she likes it! Solid Gold is a really good brand to feed, her coat will probably get a lot prettier, like softness and shiny. Im glad she likes it!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Kittygurl- Well I found a store that carries it here, well rather a grooming shop! But they only carry two kinds and they keep the real large bags on top of that. We didn't want to buy a huge bag and then her turn out to not like it or be allergic to it so we just ordered a 4lb bag from the internet and the canned food and she is doing really good so I may see if the store that carries it here will order more stock so I don't have to keep getting it off the internet. Of course if they say no then I really don't mind ordering it- we do alot of internet shopping!
Thanks for telling me about the website I really appreciate it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Miss New Booty

Awesome Angela! Ya I know what you mean, about starting with a small bag, incase she was allergic or didn't like it, that's how we did it. That's cool you found a store!! Yes! Grooming shops here have that and the other natural foods here, as well. Do you know where else they have it here? Nutrition shops! I had no idea they had a whole Cat/Dog aisle!!!!!
I'm so glad Paige is doing great on this food, and your very welcome, girl!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

When I brought Remy home (to my Mom's in Florida) she was on Eukanuba puppy and would not eat it. I scrambled to find a store that sold Wellness or Solid Gold. I found the Solid Gold Puppy and she started eating. It really is a good food.

I use bits of it for treats when I work Jack and Max! If I let them they would gobble it up - the whole bag I am sure

I feed Wellness, but Remy is on a mixture of the Solid Gold and Wellness - when the bag of Solid Gold is gone she'll be on Wellness.... I think they are both great foods.

When I switched my bigger dogs to the natural food - Wellness - I noticed a change within two weeks. Shiny coats, no more nasty breath... just amazing the difference!
I am sure you will notice the changes in the quality of her coat and skin - and everything, too!

It is hard to find Solid Gold where I live, but a store near me has Wellness... that is how I made the choice between the two. It's strange how hard those premium diets are to find in certain areas.

Yay! I am so glad she likes the SG - it's a good feeling to see your little baby pup eating and have that tubby puppy happy belly!!!

[center]

[

Tags
breed dogs, canned food, dry food, puppy food