Celebrity dogs-Names and Breeds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Celebrity dogs-Names and Breeds

I thought this might be fun! Can you think of a Celebrity dog and it's breed? There are hundreds of them! Let's see how many we can think of...
I'll Start:

Nipper and Chipper, the RCA dogs! Originally came out in the 1900's and today, they still grace the RCA Gramophone with their presence.
Nipper and Chipper are said to be Part Bull Terrier with a trace of Fox Terrier mixed in...not a purebred, but still a big Celebrity!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

there were the two jack russels from frasier that played eddie. i can't remember the original's name, but his son Moose took over in the 2nd or 3rd season i think.

there's paris hilton's chi Tinkerbell.

hmm...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My favorite was Jed, the wolf/malamute on The Journey of Natty Gan

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Adolescent Pup

I use to love to watch wishbone,think he was a Jack Russle.Of course the viva Gordiia talking Chihuahua.
post #5 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RondaNC
I use to love to watch wishbone,think he was a Jack Russle.Of course the viva Gordiia talking Chihuahua.
Yep, a Jack Russell. I used to get your dogs look like wishbone a lot. That's all I can think of.
post #6 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Adolescent Pup

heh. Gidget the Taco Bell chi.
post #7 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Pete the Pup from "Our Gang" later called "The Little Rascals"
Pete was played by 3 different American Pitbull Terriers...The trademark circle around his eye was actually painted on.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Chico an blue heeler from Secret Window. That was his movie name, I can't remember his real name, that may be it.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Lassie fo course! And even though it may not be a celeb. pup, I would have to say the Boxer in the A1 commercial because he's just so cute!

post #10 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say Lassie!
Also, the boxer does count...we all know who he is!

Spuds Mckenzie too! The Bull Terrier from the Bud Light commercials...sure, they don't really use him anymore, but still, a big celebrity!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Playful Pup

i heard spud drowned in a pool, sad.
but theres jeff gordon and his pup he bought from the same place i bought snook...

cool...
love,
shannon

p.s. does anyone know britney spears's dogs....
post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Rin Tin Tin, the star of his own show. He was a German Shepherd.

Click the "jumping" Rin Tin Tin to see his website.

...OK, does anyone else think the graphics they give out on RTT's site are sad, to put it nicely?

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Tilt; 06-28-2004 at 07:17 PM.
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Bud, the Golden Retriever, from the Air Bud movies!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

*cringe* I hate those Air Bud movies. But the original Bud was a real talented pooch.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

Do dogs owned by famous people count? If so...

I know Lucille Ball owned a mixed breed named Junior who she adopted from a pound (I believe for Desi Jr.) and she also owned many fox terriers (Tinker Toy being the most well known). Elvis owned a maltese and a bloodhound. Carrie Fisher owns a rottie. Walt Disney owned a poodle, I believe it was named Dutchess. Audrey Hepburn owned a jack russel, and a yorkie named Famous. Adolf Hitler owned a German Shephard, who he trained to do tricks (walk up ladders and such)... And that's all I can remember...

Tags
animal shelter, australian cattle dog, basset hound, border collie, bull terrier, bull terriers, bully breeds, cattle dog, chocolate lab, cocker spaniel, german shepherd, golden retriever, jack russell, labrador retriever, mixed breed, pembroke welsh corgi, pit bull, siberian husky, terrier mix, yellow lab