Chaquita's eye... cataract? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Unhappy Chaquita's eye... cataract?

Ok...I am seriously worried about Chaquita's left eye. It seems white and cloudy - unlike her other eye (which is clear). I am making her an appointment for next Thursday (my next day off) to see the vet.

I'm inserting some pics here so you can see her eyes. They aren't the best but she squints because of the flash. Please let me know what you guys think. Remember - it's her left eye I'm worried about.

Thanks.

Thanks, guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am nearly color blind so its hard for me to tell, but my boyfriend noticed right away...I hope you poor doggie is ok, I will keep her in my thoughts

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Thank you, Carie.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I don't know either but good luck!

Rhonda

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I already told you what I think, but I'll just re-state here that I'm keeping little Chaquita in my thoughts and sending good luck vibes your way.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 07:44 PM

As far as a cateract. I do notice some mirkyness- you need to take her to your Vet ASAP. If it is there are medicated eyedrops you can use that slow down the effects of cateracts immensly. Also your dog could have a Corneal Ulcer- Most commonly mistaken for a cateract. Again medicated eye drops will stop and correct this issue.

Signed your Vet Tech Tab!
-Tabitha
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

The earliest time that I can take her is Thursday, due to work.

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Jane, I'd see about having her seen sooner. An ulcer (as mentioned) can quickly lead to a much more serious issue. Gumbo's ulcers were melting and wound up perforating his cornea, causing scarring and imparing his vision. He potentially could have lost his vision entirely. An ulcer/scratch really needs to be ruled out ASAP. Chaquita's pretty young for a cataract, I'd think.

Stephanie

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 12:08 AM

Aww, poor girl! Jane, I will keep Chaquita in my thoughts and prayers.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Well, they are closed Sunday and I really can't on Monday (will be in school all day). I can try and ask for Tuesday off from work and take her then. I'll let you know.

On another note - her eye looks better today. It's less cloudy. I will try and get her in asap, guys.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Alright...I may be able to take her on Monday. I'll let you guys know.

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

I have to wait until Thurs, but her eye is completely normal looking now. I will let you guys know what they say on Thurs.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

poor chaquita! Let us know jane!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

I will, thanks. She's going on Thursday.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Ok, well, she's going to fine. She had a corneal scratch on the white of her eye. Her tear flap is allowing it to heal properly by keeping it wet, but with all the wetness there is a possibility for bacteria. So I got some drops for her. Other than that, both dogs are great!! Thanks for listening.

Tags
vet tech