Cheap food or the good stuff??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Cheap food or the good stuff???

when we adopted allison we tried differant foods. she did not really like any of them. one day was at the dollar tree to get a few things and i decided to get the dog food they had. i think it was called field trial? any way she loved it! she used to wait until after we ate our dinner to eat her beneful or any other dog food i tried. since this is a cheap dog food...should i give her a supplement to compensate for what the cheap stuff might be lacking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

hmm thats hard to say. I know my dog can be a bit of a picky eater, she has beneful too but she only eats about half the bag because she picks out the bits she likes and leaves the rest. You might look on the back of the cheap dog food bag to see if it has any vitamins and whatnot for your doggy. or you might want to ask a vet... if there isnt anything on the bag its possible your just feeding your pup mini treats. We all know what candy for dinner causes. How old is your dog?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To you, it's a pet.
To me, it's an adopted child,
who is short, hairy,
walks on all fours and has a speech impediment.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pomeranian (Sadie)
Papillion/Pomeranian (Pepper)
Collie/Wolf (Lobo)

Bangal/Tabby(Cricket)
Corn Snake (Ruby)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol we stopped buying the beneful because our dogs picked the ones they didn't like out lol...how funny I thought my dogs were just wierd

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Adolescent Pup

haha yeah she refuses to eat the yellow and orange kind ... but she loves the rest.

To you, it's a pet.
To me, it's an adopted child,
who is short, hairy,
walks on all fours and has a speech impediment.

Pomeranian (Sadie)
Papillion/Pomeranian (Pepper)
Collie/Wolf (Lobo)

Bangal/Tabby(Cricket)
Corn Snake (Ruby)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

The good stuff totally! That cheap stuff is made of nasty crud. They tend to like the yucky (cheap) stuff better simply because of all the artificial flavors and such.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I agree with what Chrisanne said. A lot of dogs like the inexpensive food because it has a lot of fillers in it. Corn, wheat, byproducts, etc. Like a child, if given the choice between vegetables and candy, the child will choose candy. Same with a dog.

Basically, from what I've found out, a dog will wolf down the garbage food and keep pooping. Why? Because the food isn't filling them up, so they're constantly eating.

I feed my dogs a fish and potato food (Harley has allergies, so the vets recommended this). Nutro is a good food as well as Royal Canin. A bit pricey, but worth it in the long run.

JMO though.

Karen

[

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Glowing New Mommy

so Nurto is a good food? i have just got my dogs eatting that and i was shocked cause my younger husky ate a whole bowl of it last night... she never did that with her old food
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Nutro is a good food. In fact, my sister-in-law feeds Nutro Natural Choice Ultra to her dogs.

Karen

[

Tags
dog food, nutro natural choice, royal canin