Chi Beagle Mix - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Tag

Chi Beagle Mix

Hi, there's a Chi Beagle Mix that I'm interested in buying. The ad is here.

The reason I'm am interested in this puppy is because I don't particularly like the way Chi's look, but this puppy, she doesn't display much of the Chi's attributes such as the shape of their head. I'm no expert. I'm just wondering if this puppy's physical features would change much as she grows as I don't want her to grow up to look more like a Chi. And if anyone has any experience with a Chi Beagle mix please chime in with any info. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Hmmm... I wouldn't pay that much for a mix!!! $550!!!!!! No, no, no! The puppy is adorable, but I think you are better off either buying a purebred puppy off a reputable breeder, or adopting a mix at the local shelter/rescue. It's so sad that people want to profit off animals that way, when there are so many that need good homes.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I completely agree with Padfoot, if you're interested in a mix, why not try your shelter? I mean, it's your choice, but I just couldn't see myself paying that amount of money for a mix that I could adopt from a rescue.

The puppy is cute, though.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Tag

The problem with the shelter is that they only carry bigger dogs. Mainly putbulls and rottweilers. I just don't have the place to handle those dogs. They have a waiting list for puppies that is unbelievably long but they don't get pups often.

I trust your opinions, but every pure breed I see costs around a grand.
Well, I'll see if I can get them to a lower price. Thanks again.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 11:47 AM

I wouldn't pay for a mix either. The main reason being is it only encourages this increasing trend of breeding "mutts" and making money off of them. I see more and more of them every day... its so sad.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Hi, there's a Chi Beagle Mix that I'm interested in buying. The ad is here.
The reason I'm am interested in this puppy is because I don't particularly like the way Chi's look, but this puppy, she doesn't display much of the Chi's attributes such as the shape of their head. I'm no expert. I'm just wondering if this puppy's physical features would change much as she grows as I don't want her to grow up to look more like a Chi. And if anyone has any experience with a Chi Beagle mix please chime in with any info. Thank you.

If you are still interested in this puppy,that means you are set on getting it.
If the puppy is still available,see if it comes with some kind of warrenty.1 year is exceptable for that price.Check with their vet.to make sure the puppy is healthy,and take it to your own vet too make sure.Be sure to get the warrenty in writting with everybodys signature.and do not pay cash!!!!Have a bill of sale.

I have seen alot of mix puppy and from the picture it appears that you don't have to worry about the chi.look.But I can't say about the temperment.Sooooo Cute
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:46 PM

It does sound like a lot of money, but he is very cute.. Good luck..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Tag

Ok well, since everyone here says the price is too high, what is a reasonable price then? If there really is a reasonable price. I'm just curious. I understand that mixed breeds are considered "not as desirable" as pure breeds and usually cost less.

I am not totally set on this pup, but I just want to get all the facts straight before I buy any puppy. Oh, thanks for the help guys.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Go to www.petfinder.com and look there for shelters in your area. Good luck, I also wouldn't spend that much money on a mixed breed alone.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Ok well, since everyone here says the price is too high, what is a reasonable price then? If there really is a reasonable price. I'm just curious. I understand that mixed breeds are considered "not as desirable" as pure breeds and usually cost less.

I am not totally set on this pup, but I just want to get all the facts straight before I buy any puppy. Oh, thanks for the help guys.
The costs of vaccines and neutering, if he comes neutered (if not, you should still do it ASAP) and a little extra something for the food spent... even though they don't deserve it for trying to sell it at such a high price.
About the temperament... in my experience chihuahua mixes are not the easiest dogs to deal with. This is not a rule, but chihuahuas tend to be either fear biters, or just plain mean, and this trait is usually (from what I've seen) passed on. I myself own a chihuahua mix, and he's agressive against strangers and very very dominant. He was hand raised, and I tried to expose him to as many strange people and I could, but that's just his temperament... I've known other chi mixes and it's the same story... Again, this is not a rule, and not all dogs are equal, but there's a pattern I've seen on chi mixes.

Tags
local shelter, mixed breed, mixed breeds, reputable breeder