chow? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Mel

I'm so glad they can give her another ear! Poor little thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 PM

I have never seen anything like that happen in person with any dog.
But i do know that my sister has children that are evil and i bet there are lots of dogs that would lash out oat them. These kids antaganize animals. In most cases I think the animals are provoked. but every once in a while an animal will just snap for no reason
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Well i know definatly that the baby that was attacked didnt provoke or antagonize the pitbull! It was in its mothers arms as they watched TV and it grabbed the baby, shook it around in its mouth, ripped at its little face and tore off the ear and ate it! They had to throw things at it to get it to stop! It was very horrible. This baby wasnt "evil" and no one antogonized or provoked this dog.

Lve Never Fails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 PM

like i said sometimes they snap dogs that is
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

this one definatly snapped big time!

Lve Never Fails

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 PM

Mel, I know how you feel. I have an irrational fear of chows too. When I was about 7 and my brother was 4 the chow from across the street got loose, ran over to our yard, and attacked him out of no where. Luckily he was fine. About a year later it got loose again and terrorized out pet rabbits to death while no one was home. I try not to hold it against them, but it's hard. My fear has gotten significantly better since then though.

Sarah, good luck finding homes for the puppies.

Monique, that's awful! I'm glad she's ok.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 PM

I know how you feel .
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:24 PM

We had a chow when we were little and he was MEAN!! We used to climb to the top of the furniture and stuff to get away from him or he would bite us. My parents got rid of him when he bit a friend of ours pretty badly and the cops showed up at our door for the dog. They took him to the pound for observation. I don't think I would ever own one.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Will It Ever Change?

sounds like the dog was jealous of the baby, getting attention. when i was born my parents had to put their dog down because it growled at me a lot, and snapped at me once.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Thanks for all the info guys.. my aunt had 2 dogs that were chow mix's and ive never been fearful of either one, altho i know they do tend to choose a favorite person, the one she still has named teddy, shes the sweetest dog in the world, and afraid of her own shadow, but one time me and my aunt got in to a pretty bad arguement, and if it would have gotten physical in any way, teddy would have protected my aunt.
Either way im not too worried, there only like 1/8th chow? that was there great great grandpa was pure chow to begin with.. i dunno
There mom's mom is chocolate lab, and there moms dad was chow and shar pei. then they breed with a great pyarnise.. anyone know anything about the temperments of the other dogs? ive never really had the pleasure of knowing pure shar pei or great pyranise

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Mel

Great Pyrenees are wonderful. My uncle had one for years, and he was an amazing dog. He would guard the house, let in good people, but he knew when someone was bad.. the only people he didn't like either ended up stealing from my family or going to jail right after the dog decided he was bad... He also kept the coyotes and raccoons away.

He was HUGE, and my grandmother was tiny (4' nothing), but he was always super gentle with her. He was a great great dog.

Tags
animal shelter, chocolate lab, chow mix, cocker spaniel, german shepherd, german shepherd dog, german shepherds, humane society