close frinds in desperate need (calgary) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

close frinds in desperate need (calgary)

first off if this is not ok here please remove.
my wife has some very close friends that are desperate for help to save a family pet. I know some may say it is just a dog or if you don't have the money don't have pets, but if you have been in this position you will understand. these people have had a very tuff couple of years the husband was electrocuted in a work accident about 2 years ago and has been unable work he is now in school and his wife is a stay at home mom with there 11month old son. they are out of ideas and money /credit me and my wife are trying to do everything we can to help but. If anyone has a in with a vet or (this is the hard part)can donate to there cause it would be greatly appreciated.

this is a letter my wife has wrote to seek help from radio stations and other organizations with no luck so far

Hi there, my name is Kristen and I am writing on behalf of my best friend. Her name is Megan and her dogs name is Kona. Kona is a great dog and has been a wonderful mother to 2 litters of beautiful chocolate lab puppies She has lots of energy and love to give. Kona got a cancer lump on her mammary gland a while back but megan didn't have the money to get it taken off. In the last little while it got quite large and last friday it burst. They rushed Kona to the vet and heard their options. First a x-ray to see if the cancer has spread. Then surgery and to spay Kona. The surgery costs about 2000 dollars that Megan and Jeremy don't have. Megan is a stay at home mom to a 11 month old little boy and her husband Jeremy is in school. So they haven't got the money right now to help their dog. They told me today that unless they get a miracle they will wait till pay day, this friday, and they will have to put Kona down. I can give them the money for the ex-ray and even to keep Kona alive for longer than this friday but I am only working part time so I don't have the money to help her with the surgery. I love my best friend and I love kona too. Kona let me watch her babies being born so I feel a real connection to her. I know this is a long shot but if there is anyway that anyone could help us out in any way it would mean the world to us. I feel so helpless Kona is 5 years old and could have another 3 or 4 years left but because of money her life is going to be cut short I guess I am asking for a miracle for someone with some compassion to help mesave this wonderful dog. If you can help in anyway I would be eternally grateful

Thanks for listening,

The Gentle Groomer
Kristen Huntley
if you can help please e-mail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I am allergic to maths

I would help if I could! I dont mean to sound rude here but are they on benefits since they have no source of income? If so, here in the UK there is something called the PDSA (Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals), where, if you qualify (if you are on goverment benefits) you get your pets seen for free, surgery has a small cost. Is there anything like that were you live?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

There's a type of clay, called Red Desert Clay. When you eat it, or your pets eat it, is has the ability to draw out toxins. A fair amount of people have claimed it's saved their pets lives from cancer. I'm not saying it's a substitute for a vet visit, but by the time the dog can make it to the vet, there may be no cancer to worry about.

It's completely safe- for animals and humans.

http://www.i-amperfectlyhealthy.com/...etArticle.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Rodentologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodentzRule View Post
I would help if I could! I dont mean to sound rude here but are they on benefits since they have no source of income? If so, here in the UK there is something called the PDSA (Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals), where, if you qualify (if you are on goverment benefits) you get your pets seen for free, surgery has a small cost. Is there anything like that were you live?
The US doesn't really have an equivalent to that. There is a service called CareCredit, but you must pay it back and you have to be approved credit-wise first.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

If your in the US, you can look up IMOM and try applying there. If you are approved, I believe they help to cover vet expenses for life saving procedures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
vet