Completely pointless post! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Talking Completely pointless post!

OK, this is going to be completely pointless but I had to share. I'm a very big dog person. I mean huge. I owe my sanity and life to a Golden Retriever named Luke, as far as I'm concerned. He was ALWAYS there for me. The best therapy in the world. As a result, I'm a little bit dog crazy. lol. Life without dogs is a depressing life for me. Knowing this, you'll understand my sheer and utter happiness at this past three day weekend...

Sunday was 4th of July as I'm sure you're all aware of. The parade in town was awesome. Lots of pet owners showed off their family members. There was a good number of horses and dogs. (I took pics if anyone's interested! They came out so-so as I forgot to borrow the better camera.) I got to see a lot of awesome dogs as a result of the parade. Doggy people came out in force. It was GREAT! I saw Poms, Danes, Cattle Dogs, Aussies, Pugs, Retrievers, English Sheepdogs, etc.

After the parade, I got to meet a Great Dane. Now you have to understand, I have loved Danes since I was about 5 (I saw The Ugly Dachsund and fell in love with the breed.) But I have NEVER seen one up close! NEVER! But I got to meet this handsome blue Dane after the parade. Oh he was gorgeous. And I was ecstatic. One day I hope to be able to afford one of these great gentle giants. *gush*

Then Monday, more dogs. People were all over town walking them. On the way home I saw a woman walking an enormous Mastiff. I had to stop and stare. She must have seen me admiring her big pooch, because she crossed then and made a line straight for me. I asked if I could say hi to her boy and she was happy to introduce him. He turned out to be an English Mastiff. Another breed I have NEVER seen up close. Oh he was gorgeous, and so sweet. He was aptly named Titan. How perfect is that?!
I warned Chris that one of these days we were getting a Mastiff-type dog. He said he was fine with that as long as feeding it was up to me.

Dogs have always had a positive impact on my life, so I am just tickled pink when I get to meet a new dog.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well, sounds like you had some fun!

I love Danes and Mastiffs! I have a friend who owns two Danes and a young Mastiff. Her Mastiff, Peaches, is the sweetest dog in the whole world. Seriously, I've never met a sweeter dog. If I didn't love Mastiffs before, Peaches made me a forever fan.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

nothing pointless about your post. You had a great weekend and these dogs had a great effect on your mood. That's wonderful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Thanks for understanding. Everyone else thinks I'm nuts

...speaking of nuts. A squirrel has moved into the tree outside of our living room window. I got some so-so pics of him on Sunday evening as well. He kept looking at me through the window like, "What are you looking at?!" I haven't seen a squirrel that close since '93.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaidikins
Well, sounds like you had some fun!

I love Danes and Mastiffs! I have a friend who owns two Danes and a young Mastiff. Her Mastiff, Peaches, is the sweetest dog in the whole world. Seriously, I've never met a sweeter dog. If I didn't love Mastiffs before, Peaches made me a forever fan.
Titan's owner said she never knew Mastiffs were so loving until her daughter made her get one. lol. It seems a lot of people don't realize how great they are until someone in their life gets one. It's a shame, too!

-

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 04:22 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I always swore one day I would have an Irish Wolfhound. I just adore them. Every time I see a picture of one, it just steals my breath away.

I love those dogs to pieces (even if they are almost taller than me ).

Meeting new dogs makes me happy, too! So, if you're nuts, Roz, then so am I along with a lot of other people on this board.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

The Ugly Dachsund, I love that movie, hehe. It's so cute!

Danes are such gorgeous dogs, I've got to meet a few since working at the clinic and boy they are big!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I haven't seen the movie, but I love great danes just the same,my friends used to have o ne, they put her to sleep, c uz of arthritis, in her toe. Pretty lame huh
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Arthritis in her toe? Geez, I know this sounds weird but, I hope the dog was REALLY suffering. There's no reason to euthanize a dog for arthritis in a toe, unless it's suffering. Why end a life for such a stupid little thing?

-

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Pihlaja,

I love Irish Wolfhounds as well. Never seen one up close I'm afraid. I hope to one day. I also hope I have my camera handy then. lol.

-

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Part of the Pack

I'm glad you had a good time and I can totally relate!

We had an Irish wolfhound in the niehgborhood when I was growing up. He was a super dog and super big. At the time I had a cat "clyde" one of the funniest things I remember growing up was looking out the front window one morning and here is Clyde chasing the Wolf hound down the street. He stops, then chases the cat back, Clyde would hit our yard and reverse, chase the dog. Now that was quiet a site but I think really showed the temperment of that dog who could have easily had Clyde as a snack that morning but instead they were just playing tag.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Oh Jenn, that would be a riot to have seen. I used to play chase with my cat. We'd take turns chasing eachother just like your cat Clyde and the IW.

-

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 10:32 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Exclamation

Sounds like you had a blast! I would love to see that blue Great Dane! I love the breed too and still plan on getting one one of these days down the road when we have room for one. And Mastiffs are awesome as well!

Quote:
I warned Chris that one of these days we were getting a Mastiff-type dog. He said he was fine with that as long as feeding it was up to me.
HAHA Well hey, at least he didn't say as long as picking up the poo was up to you!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Oooh, good point Miss Redd! Maybe I can get him to pick up the poo...afterall, he didn't cross that out!

-

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

I saw a big ole dane at a dog show once... he was HUUUGGE but soooo cute And so gentle! his handler had a "drool towel" with him and was constantly wiping the drool off the dog's mouth He was a gorgeous dog though

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~

Tags
cattle dog, golden retriever, pet owner