Cosequin vs Glycoflex - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
canis lupus familiaris

Cosequin vs Glycoflex

Not too long ago we discovered Spyro's itching was due to some arthritis in his back. Doc suggested before that he start taking glucosamine because he is an old fart. Now we are being told to up the dose because he actually needs it. Before he was getting 100mg in a skin and coat powder. Now we're upping it to 250mg. Doc says its ok to use up all the powder and double what we're giving him to make 200mg/day (like you would when starting) so we won't have to double the dose when we get pills in.

I'm torn between the two. Both have really good reviews. Cosequin is more expensive but is sold in Petco and Petsmart. Glycoflex is cheaper but I'd have to order it. Considered the human version but we'd have to cut each pill into 3 pieces. I feel like I'm a little too uncoordinated to do that.

[B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spyro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loki
Luna

Last edited by Blacksheep; 12-27-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Playful Pup

Cosequin has less molecular sized condroitin and glucosamine,as my vet said. No sense giving your pet something your pet can't absorb. I would use the Cosequin.

Top-Quality, Reliable and Fashionable
and
-PetStreetMall.com

Tags
cosequin, glucosamine, glycoflex