Covering Electrical Wiring from Chewing Pup - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Covering Electrical Wiring from Chewing Pup

We just got a new puppy - born 9/28/09. Loves to chew, of course. My wife's afraid he'll chew through an extension cord or other such wire. Anyone ever try to prevent this in a room or house with a lot of wires - such as a room with a computer?

My first thought is some type of larger, non-chewable conduit for a 2 pound puppy. Thought I'd ask first before researching on my own.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Someone from the rabbit section, or at least...frequents it often, not sure who it was, suggested to carve a line down the side of cheap PVC piping, and slip cords into there. Puppy proof! At least for maybe a couple of months, lol...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah PVC piping is the good out there, but keeping those cords out of their reach is still advisable.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

best thing is watch your puppy 100% of the time it is out, crate it when it can't be watched.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Part of the Pack

Bitter apple sprays can be a good method for what may be exposed. They learned quickly that those things arr mouthfuls of yuck.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

But some dogs strangely like the taste of bitter apple. My sister tried to use it and her pup kept trying to lick it off everything.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

messi licked the bottle! and my sisters dog doesn't care at all.

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Newborn Pup

first you should see if your puppy would even chew on the wires, ive never even thought of them chewing on them fun. i mostly get scared when there chewing something near wires incase they bite it by accident, or they pull it out. i think maybe you can devise a way to hide the wires maybe tucking them in somewhere or putting them in a box? also theres a no bite spray thats made out different kind of peppers you can buy at the pet store, and instead of putting it on the wires maybe test it out on a cloth first to see if your dog hates it or not, cause i wouldnt want to clean pepper spray off wires for no reason

rue&mummbles my lovely degus always keep me up with their squeakkky wheel
i love hearing them squeak when i enter the room
i love my little chimichangas =]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Hello Earthling

You can get with plastic stuff (I think IKEA has it) which has a slit all the way around it, and you just slip the wires in.