Crate Training Your Dog - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 12:18 PM

Very nice dog crate training article! I don't know that we'd have two of our three dogs had it not been for crates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 AM

Crate Training

Its very informative. Thanks for that. As a trainer I suggest crate training but at times we need to be careful because the pooch may form some bad habits if the crate is too big or if it is left for a longer period in the crate. It can also cause the age old problem of whining.
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Gremilen likes his crate but everytime we put a pillow or blanket in with him he destroys it I dont know what his deal is but it cost me a nice chunk of change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Newborn Pup

Crate Training = Excellent!

The crate training worked EXCELLENT with my two dogs. We reward them with a small bisquit for going in the crate. At night, all we say is "time to go night night" and they both go running into their crate.

*Kelsea Shea*
Two female dogs, Macy & Oreo.
A leopard gecko, Sunshine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetty View Post
Gremilen likes his crate but everytime we put a pillow or blanket in with him he destroys it I dont know what his deal is but it cost me a nice chunk of change
Thats the way Oreo is. Anything you put in the crate with her is destroyed by morning.
It's harder for us to get her out of that habit because she was originally a stray so we got her when she was almost a year. It's much easier to break them from that when they're puppies by pointing their heads to the chewed up mess and saying "no! bad!"
and in the morning, if everything is still intact, say "good girl/boy" and pet him or her.

*Kelsea Shea*
Two female dogs, Macy & Oreo.
A leopard gecko, Sunshine.

post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 AM

thank you for sharing this Deja
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:42 AM

I'll try your wave,thanks
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Newborn Pup

Thank you for the Information. I trained my Dog as per to your crade training article, While during training i focus on responses which dogs give to me and then i will easily understand him. My dog is young and i have still time to train him.
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:29 AM

Wow

What a post and so intresting and so right thank you so much for that info on the crate training
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Lovin' my pack!

I have crate trained many dogs and thats the only housebreaking trick that I would recommend as it works great!

"Not for human consumption"- Peas in a Pod

Visit Peas in a Pod page on Facebook...

post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Newborn Pup

HI

Thanks a for letting us know this very important thing about crate training.I think people who have pets they should just go through this nice post.It helped me a lot.
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Newborn Pup

I'll take note of this thread. Learned so much from it.

English Bulldogs: BulldogForSale.org
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:51 AM
Newborn Pup

i love crates! thy make the dog happy and keep your house safe from the little goofballs when your not home lol!
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Pawerty

Hi there,
Like most new dog owners, when I adopted my first puppy, I wanted to learn how to train a dog so that I could become the proud owner of a well trained and obedient companion.
When I first started reading up on dog training tips, I learned early on how important good dog behavior is for successful dog obedience training: it makes or breaks relationships between us and our canine buddies. I quickly realized that understanding dog behavior was crucial to learning how to train a dog successfully.

post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Newborn Pup

Great info! This is why I crated trained my labrador early on and now i just have to say "Bella, crate!" and she walks right in! It's nice.

Angela
yourpetstorewithmore.com

Tags
cardboard box, cocker spaniel, crate trained, crate training, potty train, potty trained, puppy food