Did a good deed today! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Talking Did a good deed today!

I was on my way over to Sam's Club to buy a few things when I came to an intersection of a fairly busy road to find a golden lab running lose! (it was even raining ) It was running up to all the cars as if he wanted someone to let him in. I pulled over in a nearby parking lot seeing as though everyone else was gonna go about their busy day & ignore the situation.
I called him over to me which he camer running eagerly. No I wouldn't let him in my van as he was soaking wet, but I stood outside with him to calm him down & keep him running back into the street. No collar, no tags so there was no way to identify him or his owners. I called 911 & explained the situation... with the end of the school day & rush hour approaching I was affraid he was gonna get hit by a car! The dispatcher at 911 transfered me to the local police department which in turn gave my cell phone # to animal control. Animal control was in route to pick him up, BUT it wold be at leat 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before she could get there This poor dog was hungry, soaked & cold... I understood the length of time I was gonna have to wait BUT still felt sorry for the dog. Luckily another citizen had a piece of rope in the back of his car, he tied a noose type knot in it & made a leash for the dog so at least I could keep him from running away again. I had to have stood there in the rain for at least an hour before animal control showed up (from the time I initially place the call.) By this time I was getting impatient as the dog was starting to cry & whimper. There was nothing I could do but wait. When she finally pulled up & opened the back of the pickup, the dog eagerly jumped into the crate! She promised the ride back to the kennel wasn't that far & she would see to it he was fed immediately!
I drove away feeling very good about myself & very relieved that the dog was able to live another day! (just had to share my story)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 09:14 PM
I Heart My Job

you're a hero to that doggy.

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Wow what a day for you! There are very few people who would go out of their way to help. I bet you feel wonderful!

I've Been Frosted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww, wow that was so wonderful of you, Kay!!! If only there were more kind loving animal people like us here at PT in the world!!!! The poor thing, I hope maybe he just got away from someone and they called looking for him,and now he is at home all warm with his family, all because of your kindness! You truely are his hero! You should feel awesome!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 09:57 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

That sounds like something I would do! I'm glad you helped the dog out and took it from a dangerous situation!

I feel good when I can do something like that too. Like catch the loose dog I saw running around the neighbors yards and take it back to its owners. Or at least give a little pat and a couple treats to a neighborhood dog that you just know is being treated wrong but have no proof.

Thanks for sharing your good deed to the animal world! ;c)

-Mallory

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:10 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

You did a great think Kay and I'm sure that doggie is very thankful for what you did.

Good job girelie!!

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:15 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

What a great thing you did ! And in the rain to boot ... I just bet his family will find him soon, thanks to you ! Wow.

Sharon
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Good job Kay!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thats awesome that you could help the pup!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweeee Kay how awesome, what a great deed you did, and how thoughtful I might add as well ... wish there more like you

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
animal control