Did I hear requests? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Did I hear requests?

A few more of Gambler and brothers:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

:cool:
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm still trying to get a good picture of all three dogs, it's really hard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks Linda, he's such a handsome pup! Glad to see the goldens too!! Are they getting along better?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yes they are all so beautiful!!! I love your first picture!

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks!
Yes, both my Goldens accepted him, but they don't like his sharp biting, I don't ether! I am working hard at getting him not to bite so hard. I really think labs are more difficult to raise than Golden retrievers. I just see a more aggressive nature in them(or a phase they go through as pups). That Lab I take care of (Ebony) is really being good now so I am following the same advice I got for handling her biting. I can just see Gambler being top dog in the house when he grows up. He even shoved Buddy (oldest dog) out of his feeding dish during his dinner. Buddy just walked away! I took my eyes off them for 1 minute when it happened. I'm lucky they have such good temperments.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 04:31 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Awww, such cuties!! That first pic is great!

Glad to hear they are starting to get along!

~ Jodi ~

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Poopsie AppleNose

Awww that pup is so adorable, and i really love the first pic.. they look so relaxed and happy... great pics!!!

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I just absolutely love your dogs Linda! :heart2: They are so adorable. Thanks for sharing your pics. Keep posting often.
And I'm glad they're all starting to get along well.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwwwwww such cuties they are!!!!! The pictures are absolutely adorable!!!! I love them!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Nice pictures! I love the first one.

What is that red thing right between them on the first picture?

I've Been Frosted!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's a feed scoop Masterjack. Seems gambler likes everything except dog toys. He likes plastic soda bottles too- whoopie - the money i could save on him, lol.
Thanks for comps
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Linda! They look great!! Wow - look at the three of them - relaxing like brothers What beautiful pictures. Gorgeous dogs!!
Gambler is soooo cute!!

I know what you are going through with the play nipping! Max would literally hang off Jack's lips - and Jack, being the docile Golden he is - well - he'd tolerate more than I would ever think he would.

Don't worry! There is something between dogs called "The Puppy License".
I think what you are seeing right now is Buddy and Beau letting Gambler use his Puppy License.
What I mean by that is - even older dogs recognize and tolerate puppy behavior! Gambler's Puppy License *will* expire. It's an amazing thing to watch.
Buddy and Beau will decide when his license expires and when it does - they will begin to put Gambler in his place. They won't hurt him , but they will let him know in language only dogs understand- they he is not allowed to behave that way anymore.

I will be very surprised if he ends up to be "pack leader" - it may seem like it's heading that way now - but I believe it's because Buddy and Beau are letting him enjoy puppyhood. This is a good thing!

When his puppy license expires you will all of a sudden see Buddy and Beau teach him his manners! They won't tolerate the biting (you shouldn't tolerating it when he does it to you, or any human skin right now) - they will put him in his place as far as who gets to do what first etc...

Just keep a good vigilent eye and guide them through this as THE Leader.

It really is a neat process to watch! And, Goldens are just the best... so gentle. Gambler is one lucky little guy to have such gentle teachers!!

[center]

[
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

"Puppy licence" lol, that's a cute way to put it, and it is a relief Bud and Beau put up with a lot, but Beau does go after him pretty rough for biting him- I've let him try to correct Gambler in hard biting hoping Gambler will stop doing it. Usually I have to step in because gambler won't get the message and he gets more excited and bites back more. Yesterday was a bad day and I really had to get after Gambler so much. I ended up putting him in the crate for a little while for being bad. Is that OK to do once and awhile?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

let me just add that Beau doesn't bite gambler hard, but it sounds like he is. Above I mean Gamblers "hard biting" problem- not that Beau bites him hard. In case my wording isn't quite right above.

Tags
golden retriever, older dog