This is disturbing! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Arrow This is disturbing!

This story was on our local news tonight and I wanted you guys to see this. It is about this puppy store here in our area. Right before we found Jasmine, we went looking around for papillons. We went into this store, and I walked out in tears. All the dogs were sickly and I looked at a dachshund who's ribs you could see. It was terrible and absolutely heartbreaking. I can't believe this store has not shut down, this is the 3rd name they have had. I talked to a girl that worked there a few years ago, and she quit because it was so horrible and they really did fake the vaccines and tons of the dogs had parvo. We are going to write the news channel and complain about what we saw in this store, too. We did once after we went in there. They have been in trouble and on the news before. Crittercall, do you know this store?

Article: http://www.wftv.com/money/2661147/detail.html
Quote:
Local Pet Store Has Shocking Past

UPDATED: 5:42 p.m. EST November 24, 2003

RESOURCES: Humane Society | Florida Consumer Services | American Kennel Club
PET LEMON LAW: More Info On Florida's Pet Lemon Law

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Action 9's investigation exposes the real risks consumers face buying "that puppy in the window." Todd Ulrich uncovers one owner's shocking history of cheating and assaulting their customers and neglecting their animals.

After buying her English bulldog from The Puppy Store, Brooke Coniam no longer feels warm and fuzzy. Instead, she says, "It was a scam. They scammed me."

Brooke discovered her $2,000 dog had mange, a congenital defect that requires expensive vet care. Despite Florida's pet lemon law, that requires the store to cover part of the bill, The Puppy Store didn't pay a dime.

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sounds about right.

Stephanie

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

That is HORRIBLE!!

How can people live in good faith with themselves knowing they do these kinds of things to people
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Heck with the people! It's the animals that are suffering....they don't have a voice to speak up.

Rhonda

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 10:50 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Good point Scarlette, good point! (I didn't mean to leave the animals out of it)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Proud New Mommy

that's insane... People like that should just have alllllll that stuff done to them. And more.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

You know, its sad, but I think the majority of pet stores are like that. We got Harlie from a pet store, before we knew better, and as most of you know, we purchased her, she was advertised as a Boxer, and looked like it, but as she grew up, she of course doesnt look so Boxer anymore, she looks more like a Pit Bull (we still love her and would never hold it against her ) and when we bought her, she was being fed a very bad brand of senior dog food (!!!) and within a week she had a serious skin problem, where her skin would peel in layers, like how a person would when they got a sunburn! We too had Harlie in and out of the vets, but we were lucky, almost all of our bills were 50% off because our vet is a personal friend, and she gave me tons of shampoos, skin supplements, and oral supplements for free. Harlie is a great dog, and we love her to death, but she was a pretty expensive "mixed breed" I always tell myself I should march into that store with her, and ask them what kind of dog they think she is, and when they dont reply Boxer, to ask them for my money back (but keep the dog! lol) But even my vet says they would just say you didnt get her there, even if you brought a reciept, because they always do things like that and get away with it. I would like them to go out of business though.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 01:53 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

What an awful story! And what awful people!! Punching customers? Jeez.

Those poor animals. I really hope they are shut down for good.

Luckily, there are a lot of "good" pet stores around here that I don't mind giving my business for food, toys, etc.

~ Jodi ~

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Stories like that disgust and disturb me. I have no conception and can't even fathom how anyone can mistreat an animal in any way. They abuse their customers to boot! It's just disgusting
How can people like that lay their heads down at night to sleep? They obviously are totally devoid of compassion, empathy or have any regard for life in any way shape or form.
It's infuriating

[center]

[
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Poopsie AppleNose

Thats just awful, most all puppies in stores like that come from back yard breeders and the pups they give up to the store owner are very poor pet quality and most of the time sick the store owner gets um for 100 bucks or so maybe even cheaper and then turns around and sells um for way way more than what they paid.. thats how they make there money its all about excess poor quality pups they can make a buck off of... It makes me sick what people do...

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 04:41 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

That is horrible.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 07:26 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

That is horrible... That's exactly why I would NEVER EVER buy a dog from a pet store...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Newborn Pup

Arrow

thats why you NEER buy form a pet or puppy store!!!

-Katie
Shelties And Afghans Rule!!!!!

Dallas

Miare

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2003, 10:03 AM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

What is WRONG with people?!!!!

Tags
dog food, humane society, kennel club, local pet store, mixed breed, pet quality, pet store, pet stores, pit bull, vet care