Do You BARF? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Question Do You BARF?

Just wondering if anyone here has their dog on a BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones And Raw Food) diet??

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2002, 12:02 AM

Honestly I hope to god not! I am completely opposed to this diet! This diet has been used on pit bulls here in new jersey. There is a shop in Newark dedicated to pit bulls. They sell "bricks" and tell you that it makes the dog build muscle and their coats nice and shiney. It is also supposed to give them the aggression for fighting purposes.

I had someone come into the pet store telling me that their dog was very sick and was vomiting and had diarreah for a week or so. They were looking for a good food to help the dog put on weight since he had lost so much from being sick. Later on in the conversation they told me they fed the dog a "brick". I said that was probably your problem. I doubt that the quality of the meat was any good and considering dogs have been domesticated for 1000's of years their stomachs just are not conditioned to eat raw meat. I think stray dogs will go scrounging through a garbage can before they will go hunt down their next meal.

BAD BAD BAD! Okay off soap box now and leaving my $0.02 behind.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:00 PM

My dogs are both on Science Diet.
Dogs should never be given table food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 12:20 AM
Lynn

Well my dogs primary diet is ProPlan(the Berner on the commercial sold it). But they do get a little of the BARF plan mixed in as well. Try our hardest not to give them tablescraps and so forth....they do get in the trash occasionally...or slip them something because we can resist the begging and whining. I know not a good thing either.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 02:55 AM

Thanks for the info Toirtis. I have heard of the ferrets BARF diet which is probably good for them but I have a hard time feeding the little mice to my little snake (thank god he eats fast!) You also need to keep in mind what part of the country I live in and there is a whole store dedicated to this so you can see how I could easily be misinformed. Has I known there was a barf diet for dogs I would have realized that these bricks weren't it, lol. Not that I would ever use it, I would like some information on it just so I know. I am one of those knowledge freaks I need to know about just about everything. Thanks Tort!!!

Tags
barf diet, pet store, pit bull, pit bulls