Do you get into trouble off your dogs? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Do you get into trouble off your dogs?

Biscuit will seriously tell us off if she is mad at us. She doesn't bark but gives us this really deep growl followed by a moan. She'll stare straight at us when she does it. It's not an aggression thing at all. But I get into trouble if I ask her if she wants dinner and then get distracted (phone etc.) When I'm finished and say to Biscuit, ok I'll get it now she'll growl at me. (It's not the type of growl she does before she barks...it's completely different). She growls at my mum if she is late home from work on the days that she is at their house. If I tell her we're leaving and then mum or dad asks me something she growls at me when we finally do leave. If Alex and I are having an arguement she will watch us so intentally and then growl at whoever is in the wrong. Sometimes she tells us off and we have no idea why but she knows there is a reason! If we get home laste at night, we're in trouble! It's hilarious and I've never had a dog do it before. It doesn't seem to be random at all....and she only does it to me, Alex and my p's...the people that look after her..no guests ever get growled at.
A few weeks ago she was outside with me and she looked straight at me and I'm 100% positive she said hello. It was a definite hello but no one else was around at all and she was looking straight at me. It was freaky!
Anyone else have doggys with bad attitude?

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:46 PM

LOL that's so funny!!!

Odie does communicates with me. He tells me when he has to pee (comes to me, scratches my arm and looks at me directly in the eye), when he wants food (scratches at the bowl and then looks at me in the eye), when he wants to be picked up, (stands on his hind legs and wags his tail a bit), ect. I was laughing on saturday cause he got out of the bedroom everytime my sis opened the door, and she called me to go and and take him. He would see me and try to hide. I started telling him to go in or time-out and he was under a table. I told him "you are grounded, Mr." and my sis told me, "aww, don't, let him stay, the poor guy". And slowly, while my sis was telling me to leave him with her he would get out of under the table, stande beside her, but a little behind her and look at me with big puppy eyes. I swear he was telling me "listen to her, I'll behave, please, mom!" It was the funniest thing ever! And he did it a couple of times!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

that's really cute! It's weird how they learn their ways of communication. I've just never heard of a dog 'going off' at their owners before! It's funny cause we always end up apologising to her! But it's very cute and I'm not going to discourage it. Like I said, it's not aggressive at all....and as soon as she has finished telling us off her tail is wagging and she comes and licks us!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Kirby talks all the bloody time! Especially in the morning. Sami insists Kirby is telling him what he dreamed about. :shrugs: I say Kirby is making noise so I can't sleep.

It's these "GRRREEEEEWWW! WOO WOO! BRWOOOOO" sounds. I need to make a .wav file of him making these sounds. I've honestly never heard another dog make these sounds until I met other Samoyeds. It seems to be their trait.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:58 AM

OMG Carmen! It's a pittie thing!! Kali and Orion do that all the time! Although I don't call it a growl per say, it's more like a groow, woo, wooo, rrrgh! They tell us off too if we promise them something (like dinner or going outside) and don't deliver right away! Too funny!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:06 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

How interesting Carmen! I saw on Funniest Home Videos this one time of a little dog who was so mad at his owner because she left to go to work. SO MAD, in fact, that when she'd get home she'd hold him (for attention or make-up I guess) but he'd sit there and growl and bare his teeth at her.

She sat there laughing, but seriously, if my dog was telling me off like THAT, I DEFINATELY would not be holding him RIGHT NEXT TO MY FACE!!!

Kota sometimes will moan if we're taking too long to take her leash off once she's come back inside from going a walk/going potty. Its because we make her sit still by the door until we've taken off our shoes... And she's only allowed to run into the house like a goon once her leash is off... So, she's is just really impatient! LOL

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

My dogs communicate very well with me, especially Sophie. If Sophie's mad she lies on the ground looking pitiful and Rocky makes weird little noises when he's upset and then he purposely tries to get into trouble ^_^;. When Sophie has to go out she stands by the door and gives me this certain look...which is great but then when my parents are babysitting her she has accidents because they don't know she has to go out ^_^;.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My Lacey is very vocal, she complains alot.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:48 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Blackie gets mad when I leave - he used to lunge at the door, snarling and barking when I'd leave. Now that they stay crated when we're gone, he answers my "Bye-bye - I love you" with nasty barking. Little turd.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 PM

Moose doesn't get mad at me per se, but the howls at me when I get home as if to say, "where were ya?" It's hysterical. I of course being a weirdo howl right back at him. My neighbors must think I'm nuts!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

you guys! Mandie yeah that's what it sounds like!! I didn't really know what to call it! I tell you, if she ever bared her teeth at me it would be stopped straight away but it's like she's saying 'well it's about bloody time you are doing what you said you would 10 minutes ago!'

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 12:56 AM

Ein went through a VERY short phase where he would growl if he wasn't in the mood to be messed with. We didn't let him get away with it, and it only lasted a week. Now he will sometimes play growl and play the role of "angry puppy", but it's all in fun and play. He's a pretty easy going fella.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Biscuit knows all, she is wise hehehehe Claire just stares, she's very good at staring, now she'll make noises like at night, when she's all comfy under the covers and you move or something. It makes her mad and she'll start grunting or just letting out a big sigh or something. lol

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 11:53 AM

My dogs don't grumble and complain, but we had a cat who did! My mom would tell me the cat was complaining and I never believed her until she did it to me. We would let the cat outside and she was always great about coming back in a certain amount of time. Well, if you weren't there opening the door when she returned, and she had to sit there and wait... you'd hear all about when she did come in. She'd grumble and complain all the way through the living room as she very slowly waltzed over to her food bowl. My mom would leave for work and say "I'll be home at 7" and heaven forbid my mom was late... the cat would always let her know and seemed to not appreciate being lied to! LOL It was hysterical, but of course, she only did this for mom and I so everyone we would talk to about it just thought we were crazy!

Tags
food bowl, hind legs, sit still