Does anyone have any recommendations for dog beds? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Does anyone have any recommendations for dog beds?

I am looking for a nice dog bed for Logan and I am willing to spend upwards of $100 or so. I bought a dog bed for the foster dog we had but it is awful. The stuffing is lumpy and after washing it, it had a hole on the side. I am looking at an Orthopedic bed because at least I know the bed won't be lumpy.

Feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

The othopedic beds are the nicest I think Denise. I have one for Gazoo but he doesn't use it... weirdo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I bought 2 orthopedic beds for Mirra and Scarlette and they love them. You can take the cover off and wash it and it slips back on fairly easily.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

they have some that heat up and viberate.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Where did you buy the bed?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I think we got the beds at PetSmart......I can't really remember because that's the weekend that Mirra had surgery, so it's a bit of a blur.

Rhonda

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 AM

i bought gazoo's at drs foster and smith

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I plan on making my own bed.
A inner liner that I an fill with Oats or Corn Cob bedding, and then outer liner for the doggy to sleep on.
This way if she has any accidents (she's getting older) I can dump out the litter in the inner liner and wash both in the washing machine.
I got the idea when I worked at a Vet clinic and we used whole Oats in hand sewn baggies for heating pads, it worked great (toss in microwave to heat) and if anything icky got on the bags, we'd dump the oats out and wash the outside adn re-fill for next time.

I just need to find someone with a sewing machine... lol

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I am looking at the third one down: Orthopedic pet beds
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 03:22 PM

I like the ones from Drs. Foster and Smith. They have a ton of options and colors and patterns. I have a fill one that came with two covers and I love it, of course so do the dogs and cats. Its the only bed that my dogs never chewed up.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Thanks Dena!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM

I love mine from drs foster and smith too Dena. I love the waterproof cover too.

edited to add.. I like those too Denise.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Chrisanne, I think that is the one I am going to buy. And you can get it personalized too!

Chrisanne, the foam inside hasn't become lumpy? The bed is firm? I just want to make sure before I order it.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:11 PM

I haven't had any problems with it Denise. We've had it about a year. I think if it got wet it could/would become a problem though.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
corn cob, corn cob bedding, dog bed, heating pad, vet clinic