Dog farting - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Talking Dog farting

You know I was waiting for the moment to discuss this! Do any of your pooches have bad gas? Poor Pitch has had gas since Saturday and it is just awful! It smells like broccoli! The shelter said it is because he is nervous which is completely understandable. The Pittie forum I belong to said a tablespoon of plan, non-fat yogurt settles their tummies. I may try it after he is through having diarrhea.

Pitch loves to lay on our clothes and Dave left his shorts and shirt on the bedroom floor and Pitch farted all over them. When Dave was looking for his "house clothes" I told him what happened and he said, "Oh great". The first time I heard Pitch fart on Saturday, I thought someone opened up a can of soda!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

My three fart allll the time!!! I can never get away from the smell of dog fart because its constant. Haha...its also a trait with Boxers, so I knew what I was getting myself into...LOL. It will clear out a room...haha. But the yogurt thing is true...If you put a little bit of yogurt (I always go with Fat Free plain or else Vanilla) in Pitch's food, mix it up a bit, it should help, it helps with our three when I add it...I've just been lazy lately. But the dogs love it too...Harlie has always been finicky with food, and if its in there, she eats up her whole bowl no problem at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Mel, that is good to know the yogurt really works! Yogurt is good for them anyway so it is serving a dual purpose.

Oh lord, I can't imagine having 3 dogs farting at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

OMG Denise!

One time we had company over (we were watching a Packers game on tv), and Harley was doing her usual annoying thing. Well, she jumped up by the window and all we heard was this low "pffffffffffffttttt." I looked at Dan and asked him if Harley had farted and he said yes.

Karen

[

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

OMG I SOOOO know what you are dealing with. Maverick farts all the time and it will totally clear a room.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Lady has farted, and its smelt so bad that i got up from a hevey sleep (and nothing wakes me up) i had to leave my room and i was gaggining... im sorry your going through this... WOW i didnt know yogert works... i should try that out sometime

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Great stories!! C'mon, I know there are more people that have to deal with dog farts!

Karen, that is a riot! The only thing is, dogs don't have bum cheeks so how do they produce that noise?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:34 AM

My dogs wait until we leave the house and they are alone. I don't lock them in but they still insist on being squished together in their crate and sleep. All I can think is that they must fart non stop in their sleep. We come home and open that door and woooweee its stinky! Occasionally they sound off but I mostly hear them burp.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Myfanwy and Indy have eye waterin farts but they rarely make a sound.
One day though I was sitting talking to someone and Indy walked by us and let out this gigantic rip and we both just stopped talking and looked at him. He didnt seem to notice.
They wake me up with such smells and I have to hide under the covers

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I have never heard my dogs burp though. Only get hiccups.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Part of the Pack

Loki doesn't fart TOO often but when he does the WHOLE world knows They are SO loud and usually our friends are looking around going "OMGosh what just happened" and then we all look at Loki who is still sound asleep in his bed!!!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Dena is right, they do fart in their sleep and A LOT!!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
Great stories!! C'mon, I know there are more people that have to deal with dog farts!

Karen, that is a riot! The only thing is, dogs don't have bum cheeks so how do they produce that noise?

Ok, I just couldn't make the squealing noise Denise! That's what it was like more than anything. Hehe.

Karen

[

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:50 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_smurtles
I have never heard my dogs burp though. Only get hiccups.
My old peek, Lil'Dog-who is at the bridge waiting for us, used to go eat her food and have a drink then come over to me. I would pick her up and burp her. She also carried a nuk around with her...
BUT SHE WAS NOT SPOILED hehehe.
elle