Dog Food vs. Human Food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: What do you feed your dog?
Premium Brand 13 44.83%
Non Premium Brand 7 24.14%
"Human" food ONLY 0 0%
Combo of Dog Food and "Human" food 11 37.93%
Raw Bones 3 10.34%
Cooked Bones 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Dog Food vs. Human Food

Dog Food vs. Human Food

What do you feed your dog?

- Only dog food - Premium or non Premium
- Only "human" food
- Bones? Raw or cooked
- Combo of dog food and "human food"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 PM

I picked combo....

My dogs eat Canidae dry dog food and are supplemented with Raw.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:01 PM

I picked several of them... hope that's ok?

I feed Odie royal canin, and he eats from everybody's plate here. Charlotte and Valentina eat Purina One. They eat too much and went through the 40lbs bag of royal canin in nothing. Even though I don't "feed" them these things, they also eat fruits from the trees in the backyard and anything they can catch... i can't figure out why they are so skinny... they eat everything! lol (Odie's fat, though... he gets too much human food...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I feed my dogs Innova dog food but that's supplemented with chicken, veggies, yogurt, etc.

As far as bones, I only give them raw ones since cooked ones could splinter.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 09:48 PM

Shadow mostly gets purina Fit and Trim because he needs to lose weight, but occasionally he will get small amounts of table scraps. My boyfriend's dogs get dog food (forget the brand), moist and meaty dog food AND ground hamburger or pork (whichever is cheaper) every night. they actually cook meat for them every couple of nights. Those dogs eat better than i do.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Miss New Booty

I picked premium. I only feed natural dog/cat foods, and I feed my dogs Solid Gold, although I do give them cooked meat for a treat sometimes.

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I am voting for my mom's dogs and the dogs I've had in the past. Human food isn't bad in moderation and usually what is good for humans is good for dogs. My dogs would eat their dog food, but they liked special treats. So what I would do was take a can of wet dog food, mix it with dry and add some water to make gravy. My dogs would act like I just made them a pot roast dinner or something.

*Missy*
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

well I didn't chose yet lol but I feed all of mine natures choice and they get treats and every now and again (3-4 times a week) a piece of meat or veggies...so I guess I will pick combo

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 02:24 AM

Okay silly question before I can answer the poll... How do you know if your food is a premium brand dog food or not?

I use this brand http://www.fokker-diervoeders.nl/fok...am%20rijst.htm (always to lamb and rice) Sorry the site is in Dutch I didn't find any in English. If anyone wants a translation of what it says I can type it up.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 01:46 PM

I picked raw bones, but Scamp gets human food too.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 02:59 PM

I dont really know the diff in premium or non-premium either. I feed Zoe Nutro Lamb and Rice. And lots of dog treats. And on occasion she gets a treat of human food. My trainer said that pretty much anything that is good for humans is good for them. But not to feed them onions. But i try to keep zoe on the dog food, cuz she really likes to eat and i dont want her to get overweight.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 03:54 PM

examples of premium would be Nutro, Canidae, Wellness, Solid Gold.....

examples of non premium would be Ol' Roy, Pedigree, Kibbles & Bits.....
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Thanks Chrisannefor the example! I still don't know what my brand is so I just voted for None-premium brand. It's a good brand though with meat as the first ingredient and Loki does very well so I'm not complaining.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:59 PM

We feed Emma an all natural brand that the shelter started her on. I am guessing it is non-premium. Also don't forget that garlic and dark choclate are just as bad or worse than onions.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:59 PM

i'd probably call your food premium ldydragon

Tags
barf diet, cat food, chicken soup, dog food, dry dog food, human food, puppy food, royal canin, table scraps