Dog lip licking - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question Dog lip licking

i have noticed my dog kizzy lip licks? i have seen it on tv and i think it mean she is screard or unsure, but i dont know how to stop it, she does it all the time and when you call her she cowers and you have to raise your voice a bit the get her to come and if you walk up to her her tail is between her leg and sometimes she shake, we never abuse here or anything and i just want kizzy to be happy...

and when to give here affection she looses interest....
can anyone help

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem
Forever i will remeber and miss you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i miss you tocco and the other babies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Betta Bomb

It seems a submissive behavior. Is she a small breed? Small dogs are usually so unsure of everything and therfore develop a deep fear with everything. Was she ever abused in her life to give her a reason to feel this way?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

she is a small dog she is a yorkie/schnauzer and she was left on the streets an we bought rigth after the was allowed to come with us, an she ws perfectly fine now after 3 yrs she has gone sceard and i dont know why

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You really need to work on building her confidence. Socializing or a training class would be a great help with tips from trainers there.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah but there is no dog training classes round where i am and if there was i couldnt go i wouldnt be allowed. i give her treat when shes good i talk to her and pet her and to day she was sat next to me and she just got all scared and tail between her leg and she ran for it??

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Betta Bomb

Definetly needs socializing! Maybe walk with a neighbor or someone who has dogs too? Let them play, let other people play and talk with her.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'd strongly recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Cautious-Canin.../dp/1891767003 It helped my dog quite a bit.

Stephanie

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

looks like a good book and i will ask if i can get it, and i went to a dog show not long ago and she was a totaly different dog! she loved making friends with other dogs and the people and all the dogs barked and she did to, which she never does, and i would like to go to more but i would have to go along way.

but she is still scared and lips licks but not a much now so i think i will take her out more but i dont really know the people with dogs and most dogs round here are really agressive so i will have to get some books.

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem

Tags
dog licking