Dog SeatBelts Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Question Dog SeatBelts Question

I have a little Doxie, that I take everywhere. I really want to make sure she is safe when I am driving.

Does anyone use a seat belt for their animals?

Are seat belts for animals really safe?

Does anyone have a suggestion of what kind of seat belt would be best?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

Moved to Dog Section.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I use a dog harness that has a loop on the back for the belt to go through. That way if we have an accident Biscuit gets held in by her back, rather then her neck (the actual seat belts we have here attach to their collar, such a high risk of breaking their neck in an accident). I wouldn't put Biscuit in the car without her harness on. And it does give her room to move too...she can lie down all across the back seat or sit or stand up...but if we have an accident she can't come crashing through the windscreen.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I have a seat belt for Riley. If I remember correctly I ordered it from Petsmart. It's a harness that has loops in the back and it comes with a strap that fastens to the harness and the other end clips into the seat belt holder-thingy. It works really well and keeps her chubby butt off my lap while I'm trying to drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thank you guys. I knew someone would know. I want to make sure my puppy is safe while driving, and this harness thing sounds like a good idea. I think I will go to PetsMart this weekend and look for one.

Does anyone have an idea on how much it would cost? I mean, I dont care how much it costs, because I would pay top dollar to keep her safe. But, anyone got a ballpark amount?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I don't remember how much they cost, I have two of them though from Petsmart. I DO know they will be cheaper as they get smaller...I think I paid around $17 for the ones I bought for my Pitbulls

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Mine was $15 plus shipping. I bought a larger sized one. They have "economy" ones for $9.99.

Rhonda

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks for the advice...