Dog Trainer - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Dog Trainer

There is something I'd like to share with everyone that I have been dealing with for the past 9 months and it feels like it was only yesterday. Assuming everyone here considers their pets as true "Family Members" how would you deal with the story of my boy Mozart. He was my best friend for the 7 months I was able to call him my own.

I had taken my 4 yr old rescue Saint Bernard, Mozart, to Dogforce1/The Miami Dog Whisperer and Richard Heinz(owner) to be kenneled and trained for a period of one week while I was out of town. Mozart died while being kenneled in the care of this company. A kennel operation that was just issued a civil violation notice for operating a kennel without a license by the M/D Animal Services Dept.

A quote per Mary Heinz (manager) " We love all animals. We are huge dog advocates". Mozart not only died while at this illegal kennel operation, he supposedly was "rushed" to a local clinic where he was Dead On Arrival". Heinz signed in as the owner of Mozart. Heinz requested and paid for the cremation of Mozart that Saturday night. A dog he did not own and did not have any kind of permission from me to authorize a cremation. He willfully and maliciously had my dog cremated. AND I didn't find out Mozart was dead until almost 24 hrs later with a phone call from some assistant. He requested cremation, I repeat "requested cremation" yet had no interest in knowing why HIS dog, a healthy 4 yr old suddenly dies and never considers a necropsy, this outfit who says "we love all animals".

The morning after Mozart's death this Mary Heinz is calling the clinic to get a diagnosis on a dog that was DOA. Can she be serious? I don't know he is dead yet and this woman is calling the clinic. A few days later she is calling again to advise this same clinic that "they had adopted Mozart from a friend". Oh, and the medical notes I received from this "we love all animals" company, were altered, DOA was removed along with "requested" cremation, as compared to the same notes I received from that clinic along with omitting a 2nd page of notes that covered that phone conversation by Mary Heinz(manager) with the clinic.

Finally, this reprehensible situation is far from over. The next time you look down at your Mozart, imagine if that had happened to you and your family member. And this is from a company that is "huge dog advocates" and according to the web site...."gets results" As in just drop your dog off and we will deliver ,free of charge , a box of ashes !!! Really?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cremation, dog trainer, kennel