Doggie Behavior Problem? = help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Doggie Behavior Problem? = help!

Hello - we recently had a pit bull dog die in an unfortunate crossing of a police officer, and as a present to my mother (who the dog belonged to) I went to the shelted several weeks later and adopted an ultra cutie lab mix dog named Mo (now, Cleo). Right now she is, I'm guessing about 7 or 8 months old and she's a GREAT dog. She came crate trained, which is great (we put her in a really really big Maccaw cage at night) and she walks on a leash great.

My problem is that she has a horrific vice and SNATCHING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AND STREWING IT ... E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I'm not just talking this and that -- she picks the most expensive and luxurious of items to destroy. Such as : whole dining room chairs, lambskin jackets, open bags with important papers in them, etc etc etc. We have a dog door and she casually takes them outside in the yard when nobody is looking.

Please give me some advice as to what to do. We've looked into going to obedience classes and seeing if that helps. We raise little terriers and haven't owned a rowdy lab puppy for years and years. If anyone else has had this sort of problem and had it fixed, please advise me as to what to do! Thanks!

Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
crate trained, lab mix, pit bull