doggie clothes - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Do you dress your doggie?
Yes, all the time, it's so cute! 4 22.22%
Sure, when remember he/she has a t-shirt 8 44.44%
Nah, poor dogs 4 22.22%
not my thing... 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Post doggie clothes

How many of you play doggie dressup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

There's no option for "When it's cold out" That would be my answer.

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I used to get sweaters for my Chihuahua in the winter. My sister's work gets them in here and there. My favorite one was her I'm with stupid one. My dogs now don't like shirts one bit.

The last one she had was this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babysweater.jpg (39.9 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Part of the Pack

I do. It doesn't matter what holiday either. I will always dress them up in something. Hats for birthdays For Christmas, I have a red and white, jingle bell, furry collar. I even have outfits for them for Halloween, clowns of course. Since both of my dogs have short hair, I also have winter jackets for them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

my baby has a tuxedo, a red shirt that says "devil" a Harley davidson hat, and a blue and yellow stripe sweater... there is an adorable little fleece coat I want to get for him too.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 10:23 PM

My kids have TONS of clothes.

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

My dog has a jacket to keep her warm...I don't know if that is exactly dress up though...it has a purpose!! but I probably won't resist the reindeer ears for some photo shots at Christmas!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

I have a few t-shirts for Sandy... and a vest type thing and a rain coat. But he doesn't really wear them very often. They're very cool though! (I think so anyways )

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 12:01 PM
I Just Need One!

I don't dress up Mickey. We put him in a soccer jersey once and I swear, it had me peeing in my pants to see him trying to walk. But I never put a shirt on him again...he hates it. I think the only dress-up we do is caps and a tie for pictures on special occasions.

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Remy has a really cute wardrobe - when I first got her I went a little crazy with the pajamas and sweaters and so did one of my kids! ... I'm with Jodi - I put a little sweater or shirt on her when it's cold out. I couldn't imagine putting something on her in this heat.

[center]

[
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

I would only dress-up my dog to keep him warm in the winter or something along those lines. Never just because, or just because it's cute. It seems so degrading to treat dogs like that, dressing them up to giggle and laugh at them.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 08:05 AM
I Just Need One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
I would only dress-up my dog to keep him warm in the winter or something along those lines. Never just because, or just because it's cute. It seems so degrading to treat dogs like that, dressing them up to giggle and laugh at them.
Roz, this is why we never put any clothes back on Mickey. He'll tolerate them but I know he hates it. I don't want to annoy my baby... But there are some dogs that I have heard love to play dress up. Whether that is true or not...I wouldn't know.

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
I don't think it's degrading at all. My dogs are treated like royalty! We giggle because they look so darn cute. But I don't dress 'em up in the summer.....much too hot here in NC.

~ Jodi ~

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I usually only dress up Ethel -- my smallest Chihuahua. She has no hair! Seriously ... so she needs clothes when it is cold out or when it is drafty in the house. Otherwise she won't leave the bed!

My other Chi has a flight suit he wears for walks sometimes. haha.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:39 AM

Ahhhhh, I can imagine Ethel being cold, who would want to get out of bed anyway. What's his name?

My Sebbie is a sweety pie, has a lovely nature, he has only just learned at the young age of 10 how to drink water, without snorting it up his nose. Dont' even ask, hehe!!!