The dreaded Parvo - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Jenn, how is Simon doing now?

I'm keeping him in my thoughts...

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog but it sounds like he is in the best possible hands and i really hope he pulls through, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Simon is back home again, it's been almost two days since he vomitted , he is sooooo thin. I think we have finally kicked it this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Very glad to hear it, Jenn!

Stephanie

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 01:54 PM

I hope it's finally kicked out! Glad to hear he's home and now that he's keeping things down, he should fill back out in the coming weeks. Let us know how he does
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Jenn, I am very glad to hear that Simon is doing better!!!!! I have friends who have a chiwawa,(spelling) who had parvo, as a p uppy, and now he's abou 11 or 12 years old, and as feisty as ever!!!! So be assured, if he ain't as playful as he used to be right now, he will be...and if he's a ny thing like my GSD was, he'll be a lover1!!!!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 04:07 PM

I'm glad to hear that Simon is doing better. He sounds like a fighter.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 12:34 PM

Hello I am new to this forum... I would also like to share my horror story.

last Saturday we adopted a blk lab pup from a shelter. 1 hr into the drive home - I noticed he had a extremly runny nose. We decided to take him to the vet that same day. The vet told me he was under weight, had ear infection, skin infection, parasites in his stool and a low blood count. Took him home - enjoyed every piece of him to the fullest. Then on Wednesday he did not want to eat or drink anymore. He seemed very tired, took him to the vet again they gave him some fluids and medicine.. On Thursday he was up all night vomiting and had projectile diarrhea. Took him to the emergency room and he tested positive for "parvo". I am in shock, very emotional, angry, sad.. My heart is broken. My "vinnie" probably will not make it. He has too many issues against him. He is stronge but he is only a 7 wk old puppy. He is currently in containment - and we can not visit until he is better. I don't want him to suffer - I have read that they don't eat because the pain is to much. they said that if he recovers he will never be 100%. All I have to do is be patient and wait. I have a long chore of "cleaning" my home and waiting and praying and praying.
My first guess is he contracted parvo at the shelter - then I wondered that I recently bought a new house that had previously had two adult dogs. They could have had the disease and transmitted it to my pup. If I would have had knowledge of Parvo I could have been more aware of the environment and possibly prevented this - not have him go outside, clean the whole house and carpet.
I have written tons of letters to the shelter, health department and the neighborhood to prevent further outbreaks of Parvo. This is a very serious disease
I will keep everyone updated on Vinnie's progress.

Thank You,
maria

Tags
dog food, ear infection, pet owner, pet shop, pet store, potty train, potty trained, potty training, responsible pet owner