Dryer Sheets - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Dryer Sheets

Gumbo is sooo good about not chewing on things that aren't his and he knows leave it very well. Well, with anything BUT a dryer sheet. I swear, those are like gold to him. He LOVES to get them and trots around like he's found the fountain of youth.

It isn't like he eats them or won't let me take them away, he's just silly in how 'special' they are (or maybe HE's the 'special' one ...). Anyone else's dogs have an affinity for used dryer sheets?

Not a dryer sheet picture, but still showing his goofiness, none the less.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backplay.jpg (38.6 KB, 29 views)

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 06:12 PM

silly silly gumbo! My poodle does the same thing with tissues! what is up with them? Well accually It's hard to resist a tissue! lol j/k
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 06:23 PM

Maverick chews up anything and everything. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Nope...it takes effort to chew things you know...as if Biscuit has the energy to do such a doggy thing She will rip up a saltana packet though

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I've always been told dryer sheets are harmful to dogs, so I always keep them away. Was I told wrong??

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:28 PM

Our washer and dryer is in the garage, so the dogs don't get a hold of those at all...however, Orion has a weird (and gross) obsession with dirty underwear...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittney
I've always been told dryer sheets are harmful to dogs, so I always keep them away. Was I told wrong??
I'd think an unused one would be harmful, not sure about the used ones, other than a blockage issue. He finds the used ones, somehow. He doesn't keep them long.

Stephanie

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 01:11 AM

Aw Gumbo! You're so goofy!

:remembers to tell Dan she wants a pug:

Harley isn't so much into dryer sheets as she is dirty undergarments like Mandie said. I always see her trotting around with Dan's stuff, not just underwear.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

LOL jade! i love that pic of gumbo!! reminds me of chaquita and biscuit!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 01:50 PM

My Golden, Kiska, is obsessed with only socks and underwear! It's so weird, because any other article of clothing (even a small tank top of mine that may look like underwear for all she knows), she could care less about! And she seems to steal socks and underwear even more often when they are dirty!!!

Silly dog!

Oh, and she also rips tissues, but only when she is anxious. Is that normal? hehe

And one more thing! Look below!!!:

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Kirby is obsessed with used panty liners.

It's so nasty. He KNOWS he's not allowed in the bathroom, but every now and then he'll sneak in there and dig through the trash to see if one's there. So nasty.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yup...Harlie likes to steal the dryer sheets out of the laundry basket when I'm folding...lol...I wonder what it is about them??

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 11:32 AM

My dogs chew on anything and everything they can get there paws on. Garbage,Bird trays (not a good combo), dirty underware (I no,I no its gross) and if we are lucky they will just chew on their toys. every time we leave we have to put up the bird tray(the one under the window perch) and put the garbage can on the table. NOT FUN!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9101
Yup...Harlie likes to steal the dryer sheets out of the laundry basket when I'm folding...lol...I wonder what it is about them??
I think it is because they are nice,warm, and comfortable to lay on. Well at least i think they are!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 01:22 PM

a couple of people that i know that have boxers rub the dryer sheets on them. its supposed to help thier skin and fur and it makes them smell good. after that...he chews on them!
lol