Dunno what happened - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Dunno what happened

Just 10 minutes ago i was here typing away playing on Mr.Computer and Coco suddenly jumped up and ran away -i didnt even know he was under the desk- i looked at him because there was no POP or sound to make him run and he had completley dropped down by the door shaking!!!! i bawled out to mom to come and by the time she did he had stopped shaking and was just laying on the floor.. oh god how flippin scared i was, and still am.

I automatically figure it was a seizure but why i dont know, since he has a clean bill of health.Although he IS due for an appointment now which i think will have to make sooner. But he got up and went back under the comp. desk to sleep and i seen the electrical cords for the printer and such. So now im thinking he maybe stuck his tongue out to lick his nose or something and caught the cords and got electrocuted?!!!! i really dont know but im totally shaken up and worried now what will happen between now and his vet appt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

OMG hunny you poor thing and poor Coco. I hope he is ok xxxx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Poor baby, i hope hes ok.
I dont think he would get electrocuted if he just licked the cord, but you might want to get down there with a flashlight or something and make sure theres no bite marks on the cords.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

no i think it was a seizure...coco has NEVER chewed cords even as a pupper. Im a little calmed down now thanks.. he seemed a little dazed at first but after a short nap as i made this thread and looked up seizures we went downstairs and he played like a puppy again. ??? strange but definetly keeping my eye on him..

Thanks you guys, WHOA i was so scared
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

That is so scary! I was thinking it could have been a really big shock from something (like when you drag your feet on the carpet) but you probably would have heard it. I keep getting myself and the "kids" because it's so dry but I usually can hear it as well as feel it.
I hope it doesn't happen again.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 PM
can't think of one, help

yes, I was thinking maybe it was a static elec shock, some of them can hurt. I was petting one of my kitties one night in the dark and I could see all the little sparks flying. It was wierd. Hope the doggie is okay, although it does sound like maybe a seizure, or a bad dream?

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 01:59 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

THAT scared ME!!!!!!! I am hoping he is fine now and his visit to the vet will show he is a~ok!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

poor sweety...I hope all is still well...its the scariest thing when one of our babies has a seizure, I am glad he seemed fine afterwards

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Poor Coco I hope he is ok. Good luck at the vet!

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

thanks guys. he is back to normal. i took a video just then on how he acts when he hears a loud sound like a firework.which ill put up later to see if its attention or real (rolls eyes)
the vet must have been busy today b/c i couldnt get through to make an appointment. ill try again tomorrow .
i dont think he had a bad dream because he jumped up and ran away indicating he was awake for at least a few seconds. when he dreams he runs in fields flapping his toes in the breeze and he sleep talks too but only if he's on one of our beds. he almost never falls deep enough into sleep when he's following me around incase he wakes up and im gone!!-he follows me everywhere BTW.

Im just glad it wasnt serious enough for an emergency vet visit b/c flip knows the first thing after christmas is all i need. he is completley fine now until the visit in which he will stress out to the point of annoyance.

Thanks all!! you all really helped me through my fright,i hope now his bloodwork will come back normal..what would cause a random seizure if say, thats what it was?