Ear Infection - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Ear Infection

Took Charlie my clumber/cockerspaniel too the groomers. They had to shave all of him because he was extremely matted. So when I got him from the SPCA his ears were very dirty so I have been cleaning hiom. Found out today he has an ear infection. Amy home remedies . Please non with alcohol because i know how much it hurts. Atleast untill I get my pay in a few weeks. So he can be more comfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:44 PM

I dont know of any home remedies, but I got a tube of panalog ointment from my vet for my beagle cuz she had a little ear irritation, and I think it was only about $12. And it lasts a long time cuz you dont have to put very much in at a time and its very easy and quick to use. And it doesnt hurt them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

My groomer did a very good job cleaning his ears out. My dad bought him some ear powder that kills bacteria and help to prevent and stops ear infections. It is alreday working. Charlie hardl;y shakes his head now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 09:41 PM

thats good to hear, when you do have money or time you should try to take him to the vet though, bc it may be more then an ear infection...my dog gets yeast infections in his ears, but that is common in huskies.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
RAT ADDICT

My last foster dog ~ Taffy ~ a beagle had an ear infection and the vet put her on "Surolon", which really seemed to clear it up!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
ear infection, ear infections