Eating His Fur & Bedding?!?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Eating His Fur & Bedding?!?!

We have had some trouble now for a while with Loki deciding that his blankets are SOOOOO tasty that he eats them! Of course then he runs around all day coughing until he throws what he ate back up. He does this also with his fur. I have found him licking up clumps of his fur and then coughing and throwing them up. I try to keep the floor well vacuumed but that doesn't stop him from trying somedays.

Is this just normal behavior for some dogs? He has toys and we switch toys now and then so that he doesn't always have the same thing. We take him out for walks or bike rides (he gets to run a lot that way) and anytime we can we take him with us places. Maybe he is bored still?

He was tearing apart squeeky toys and eating balls too so he cannot have those unsupervised. But I don't want him to not have blankets!!!! I'd feel like a horrible parent then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

How old is he??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Loki turned 5 years this month. If he were a pup I would understand it better too.