Emotional support needed!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Emotional support needed!!

We had to rush Serene to the vet this morning at 6:30am and I'm a mess! They're keeping her in on IV and running tests today. Last night she vomitted and was very quiet, but kept down fluids, so we planned to take her in first thing. I only slept for a couple of hours as I was checking on her. As soon as I opened my eyes this morning I knew something wasn't right. I got to their room and she had vomitted blood everywhere. We called and the vet met us at the clinic. I'm just a mess. Something is wrong with my baby and I can't help her. Jersey is lost without her Bean. Serene is the first dog I've had in my life, and adopting her changed who I am as a person. I can't bear the thought of anything happening to her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awww I'm so sorry hon. We are all here for you to lean on if you need us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 08:30 AM

I am sorry. Please keep us posted on her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ohhh Kathy! I'm so sorry to hear this! I KNOW how frightful this is for you. I've been there and it's a terrible feeling.

We're sending nothing but well wishes to you from this end. Often times the things that "look the worst" tend to turn out to be easier to heal than the things that silently creep up on you so maybe this will be one of those things and the vet will be able to assist in resolving it quickly.

Try to take care of yourself... your baby will you need you bright and chipper. Take time to cry but also take time to rest so that you'll be prepared for what lil'one is going to need.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ reassuring hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}}

- Deb

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Irregular and Proud!

Prayer are being sent. Hold on!

Patti and the gang

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Adolescent Pup

hope all is well let us know you are in our prayers

lori

wife to keith

mom to nicholas (8), andrew(6)

dogs kodiac, barker, gizmo

cat oddball, louie, cami
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Kathy I am so sorry, this has to be hard for you, I am sending prayers and thoughts that all will be okay, hang in there, think positive

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I'm so sorry! Sending healing thoughts, prayers and vibes Serene's way

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 11:59 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry!
I know what a stressful time this is for you... keep your chin up. Be sure to keep us updated. We'll be thinking of you...

~ Jodi ~

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm very sorry Hang in there. I'll send positive healing thoughts your baby's way

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I hope she is ok!!! Good luck and I hope the vet figures everything out and gets her back on her feet asap!

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no Kathy... I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with Serene and you and I hope that everything will be ok.

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

You and Serene are in our thoughts and prayers. It is so scary when there is something wrong we cannot make better ourselves. (((hugs)))

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

How awful, sending love and hugs your way, I hope she gets better very soon.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! It killed me to go to work today, but not everyone sees pets as children the way everyone here does. I just got home from visiting her again, and I brought her blankie and her toy. This time she was able to wag her tail and she kissed me and I was able to cry happy tears!! She settled down nicely before I left. The vet tech was kind of misty eyed as Serene fell asleep with me whispering how important and loved she is in her ear. Her white count is really low, so it seems to be an infection. It was just so bizarre because she was completely normal all day yesterday, then BOOM! When I got to their room this morning, I thought she was gone, as the floor was covered in slimy, bloody vomit, and she didn't even lift her head when I opened the door. That was the worst moment of my life, because after all she went through before we got her, she deserves to have a long life of being adored by us. They are keeping her in over night and tomorrow they will try to give her a little water, and if that goes well, maybe a little food. I will keep you guys updated on her progress.Thank you again for the kindness and prayers!

Tags
vet tech