English Bulldog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

English Bulldog

Oh wow! Okay, I went to visit a lady yesterday with 3 young chinchillas who were escaping their cage 1" by 2" wire ferret cage, and I helped her rewire it with 1/2" by 1/2" hardware cloth. When we were done, she showed me her English Bulldog that she is selling. She feels Missy is too hyper for their household and needs to be placed with a family where someone will be home with her 24/7. She is only a year old and let me tell you, this English Bull was absolutely gorgeous! I've never seen one SO well bred! She was very beautiful and her markings were just like Kali's! Brindle and white with what looks to be a white paint splash on her back hip You could definetly tell there was some of that in Kali generations back! I was surprised to see her lower canines didn't stick out over her top lip like most too...she was just gorgeous! I'm trying to talk her into giving Missy to me for rehoming, but she spent $1500 on her as she is also fully pedigreed with champion parents. She is asking $900 for her. I want this dog on SO many levels and the woman would love for me to have her since I'm home most of the time, but I just don't have $900 to buy her with right now Kali loves all other dogs and since Missy is female, Orion would love her too! I wish I was independently wealthy...

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Awww, thats too bad. I wish you could take her. She sounds beautiful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl
Awww, thats too bad. I wish you could take her. She sounds beautiful.
Me too! I described her to Shane and he wants her almost as much as I do! At least she is in a safe and loving home until they sell her and the woman seems pretty picky about the home she'll go to, so I don't feel tooo bad.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

omg mandie if you get an english bulldog then I'm going to be sooooooo jealous!!! As soon as we come back from our world trip I'm going to get an english bulldog puppy!!! I can't wait but I have at least a 4 year wait ahead of me!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Could you make payments on her instead of paying in one lump sum?

My mom had a beautiful female English Bulldog. She was brindle and her head was completely white. She was a fantastic dog, a little on the rambunctious side, but a great dog.

Rhonda

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
Wow, thats a good idea. Do you think she'd go for it Mandie?

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

They are beautiful dogs! You have to get her!! DO you think she'd go for the payment option? I mean, if she likes you, I don't see whay she wouldn't, unless she's desperate for the cash I hope you can work something out!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette

My mom had a beautiful female English Bulldog. She was brindle and her head was completely white. She was a fantastic dog, a little on the rambunctious side, but a great dog.
I dunno...that's a lot of money and with the winter and the holidays coming...I just don't know. I don't want to get in over my head when the tattoo business slows down for the winter and troops are leaving right and left as it is. She isn't desperate for cash...she has a gorgeous home! She just doesn't want to basically throw away $1500...I can understand that. I don't think asking $900 for her is unreasonable, just kinda difficult to come up with for a dog we don't really have to have, just want
Scarlette, this dog is also brindle and white, but she does have a brindle patch above one eye...the rest of her face is white...so pretty! She does have some skin irritations and sensitivity, but that comes with owning the breed. She shampoos her with vet perscription shampoos to help relieve it and it's not too bad at all for her...mostly on the top of her head is where the rash is, but no missing hair or anything. As I'm sure I will be seeing the lady again, next time I'll get pics!! She asked me to help her find a home, so hopefully you'll all be seeing pics of her soon

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 12:21 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Aww Mandie, how tempting. You never know, the owner may be very well open to the idea of making small payments every month because you are such a great pet owner. Don't give up hope yet Mandie.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Missy sounds gorgeous! I want a dog so badly, I have at least an eight year wait to get one though...

Why don't you ask the lady if you can take Missy for rehoming to train her in obedience and to lower her energy level, and you'll pay her a bit for that, and then, when you find an owner, or the holidays pass , you'll let her have the money. You can also offer to sell the dog for more money and make it seem convincing. Then you may have a chance!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I hope something works out for you. It is alot of money. But I guess it boils down to whether she's worth it to you. I hope we atleast get those pics though!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
beautiful dogs, pet owner