English Bulldog!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

English Bulldog!!!!!!

I just got a beautiful little girl. We call her Roxy. She is 11wks old on the 4/30. Is there any little secrets that I need to know about this breed. She is a little fireball right now. And a little stubborn. All was expected right now. I have done quite a bit or research on the bread. I am very excited to have this new addition to my family.

And hi everyone..this is my 1st post

here she is http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...oxy11weeks.jpg

Last edited by mx267; 05-01-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

She's very cute! Congrats on the new puppy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Congrats on the new pup, i absolutly love little bullies, me and my fiance just purchased a bullie also not to long ago. he is a 13 week old male... one piece of advise to you is to make sure you wipe her face with a warm rag every night. be sure to get around all there little wrinkles espessially around her eyes and the flap over there nose. they can get skin infections there some what like yeast infections on there face from dirt being built up in those areas. besides that just make sure your vet knows bullies very well because they are much diff then other breeds. she should be a great addition to your family though and bring you much love and joy!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh she is adorable! Congratulations.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww she is gorgeous! Congrats!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 05:52 PM

shes cute watch out of skin issues and breathing issues they are very commen for this breed.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats! Roxy is really cute!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all!!! She is a little fire ball...Then turns into the sweetest little snuggle buddy ever. I definitely forgot how much attention puppies need....wow...But, I still can't wait to get home and play with her.

I have an 11 yr old Lab that seems to like her. When she gets feisty, he tends to growl really loud and show his teeth at her. They go back and forth kinda hard. Should I be concerned with this??? He hasn't hurt her in any way. Just sounds kinda mean. And she keeps going back for more. He never comes after her. We show both of them equal attention. And neither seems jealous. Just wonder if I should have any thoughts or concerns about the issue..or maybe its not an issue??? Also they are never left un-supervised.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:20 AM

i wouldnt worry about it much... i have a 7 yr old peekapoo and shes the same way towards my boy. he just wants to play and shes showing whos boss... i would keep an eye out just to be sure your larger dog doesnt snip but besides that it sounds very normal.. im sure in a few weeks your lab will be comfortable with the pup and all will be good!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Will It Ever Change?

aww what a sweet pup! congrats!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

congrats on your new addition

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

what a cutie

when the 4 of my dogs get togather and play they sound scarey lol...there is alot of growling and teeth showing but their tails are wagging and they constantly want more lol

I love bulldogs

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 PM

Awwww.. im jealous.. planning to have one like that too..
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

***Update***
This is the funniest breed of dog that I've ever owned . They are so cute, clumsy, very smart and at the same time very very stubborn!!!! I am so happy that I chose this breed. She fits our family very well. At the same time after reading the books on bullies.... You have to be very prepared for this type. They are way different. She is going through the toddler stage where she fights sleep and everything. I do have a question. When do thy tend to slow down and start to be more of a 2 ton lap dog

Tags
lap dog