Erin's dog, Daisy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Post Erin's dog, Daisy

Over the past years I think I've mentioned both Erin and Daisy for you guys to know who they are. Erin is my daughter and she got Daisy when she was a senior in high school as a present from John (okay, I'll be honest - they were going on the outs and he was going to take her to the humane society and we all three said You Are Not and she was ours).

Of course Daisy stayed with Erin when we moved to FL, has been great as she watched Zoe grow up and, well, she's a Golden Retriever! You don't get much more laid back and easy as that!

Erin found out today that she has what appears to be osteosarcoma on top of her head. Suggestion right now is to biopsy (at $350) because her lungs are clear (they were x-rayed today) and they want to find if it is metastisizing into her lymph nodes.

I have cried and cried, as I'm sure Erin has. Finding out the extent of her problem is almost price prohibitive for them; I can only imagine what treatment would be. My friend who works there tried to talk to the dr later to see what else he could find out but he wasn't talking. I think he cares for Erin too (he's knows her since she was 12) and, especially knowing she's pregnant now, he's probably dealing in his head with how much of a break he can give her without it looking too obvious. (Believe me, if he gives anyone a break it's obvious!)

Wallis had to take a visit to the vet today. She's been panting awfully hard, the groomer had pulled a huge lump of wax out of her ear last time, and she keeps rubbing her bad eye on things. More ear cleaner (I've been working on Sasha and should probably start on Tibby), eye medicine - does it never end? Love those floppy ears!

Anyway, I guess I should have put that about Daisy on the Prayer Thread, because I'd ask that anyone willing please say a prayer for Daisy and especially Erin, since she's just finishing up her first trimester.

Thanks, friends. (((hugs)))

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 01:11 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Critter, I'm so sorry to learn about Daisy. I am sure Erin is heartbroken over hearing that news, as I'm sure you are. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and pray that everything turns out ok.

And poor Wallis too When it rains it sure pours sometimes.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 08:53 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Aww Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy. I'll be thinking of y'all...Please keep us updated.

~ Jodi ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Darwin talked to her again last night and they weren't sure what to do. Been there, done that. I think most of us have. She's just such a sweetheart and part of the family.

Thanks for the caring words. It helps. I'll pass them on to Erin.

CRITTERCALL

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

I'll be thinking about Erin and Daisy, I hope everything turns out ok!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Critter! I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy My thoughts and prayers are with you all! ((hugs))
I hope Wallis is feeling better, too! Let Erin know we are all thinking of her!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I will keep both in my prayers.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Big ((((hugs)))) to everyone. Sometimes you are my life and my lifeline.

Ain't life grand? But I am thankful that it isn't anything worse.

Again, thanks for all the support.

CRITTERCALL

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Oh I am so sorry to hear the bad news! You guys are in my prayers as well! (((hugs)))
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very sorry to hear this happened to a very loved Golden retriever. I do know I've heard you talk of Daisy on my threads, and just recently too. I don't think I could bare news like that. I was really un sure what osteosarcoma was so I looked it up. At first I thought it was just in the skin, if only it was just in the skin.
I will say a prayer for Daisy.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Yes - if only it were just the skin. For any one else who may not know, osteosarcoma is bone cancer.

I haven't talked to Erin today, so I don't know if she's heard from the dr again or not. I think the stress of the holidays, the sickness of pregnancy and now this are just about too much for her to handle.

Thanks for all the caring emails. I'm going to print them out and send them to her. I keep trying to get her to "visit" with us, but I don't think she understands the friendship you can develop without ever seeing a face.

CRITTERCALL

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Donna, I am so sad for Erin and Daisy and I know you are feeling this very deeply. Please know that I too am here for you - in any way you need me to be. This has to be a very difficult situation for everyone...

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

[center]

[

Tags
golden retriever, humane society