everyone around me is crazy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

everyone around me is crazy!

I always knew that my roommate/friend's girl friend is crazy, and the definition of girly girl, in fact when i heard she was getting a puppy, i predicted it would be a white toy poodle named princess,
I was wrong about one thing, she got a peachy/cream one, and her boyfriend voted for lilly instead of princess which was her pick first.

Well, she just got it a few days ago, and it was the first night i have been around her since she got it. I learned a few things that adds to my idea that she is a little loony.

She is never ever going to let her puppy outside. It is to pee and poo on a puppy piddle pad, and only walk around the house and NEVER EVER EVER in it's life touch grass, meet another dog again, or ever have a treat. She is limiting her food- which is ok, but i was teaching it to sit last night using ONE piece of her food as a reward and she told me i can't do that because she doesn't want her puppy to be fat.

I can't believe anyone wouldn't let their puppy out on grass, or take them on walks. She said that is why i got a toy poodle for the house, she won't go on walks i don't ever want her feet getting dirty on the cement.

She is also never going to put a collar on her and teach her to walk on a lead.

I'm in awe. I told her last night, her puppy is a DOG it needs to go on walks, play in grass, and learn to walk well. Why wouldn't you want to take her out with you?? she just said, i will carry her if she goes out.

My other friend just got a puppy too, a schuwzer (sp?) but since he is in classes all day no one is home to take him out, and he doesn't have a crate for crate training. so he is cleaning up after him all the time because he doesn't have the whole poddy training thing down yet. He has not taught him anything yet (also just got him) and has no idea where to start i think. So i am going to take him this weekend i think and try to train him to sit, lay down, and shake and work on poddy training also i am going to talk him into getting a crate for him and work on crate training

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Hello Earthling

Awwwww poor puppy. I think people like that shouldn't even have a dog. How can you not let your dog play in the grass and have fun. And shes going to let it pee on pads, and then make a big deal because its 'yucky'.

You should print out some pages on 'GOOD PUPPY/DOG CARE' and give them to her

Oh crazy people

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I have heard of 'house dogs' but I've never quite understood exactly what they meant by 'house dog'.
I think it's very wrong not to take a dog out for a walk because, it will not be able to stretch it's legs properlyand get bord of it's surroundings, which could mean that the dog will start going loopy in the house, and I bet the dog will get a bad telling off!
I can't beleve someone would have this attitude towards a living thing.
God help us all when she has a child.
Thanks for sharing... boy, she is strange LOL
xxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

My mother in laws do uses those piddle pads - but she still goes outside! They are good for when it's raining or snowing since Lady is so tiny - but Lady plays in the HUGE yard every day - as long as it's not too cold for her but Lady decides when it is too cold.
My mother in law encourages Lady to piddle and poo outside because those piddle pads get really expensive after a while.
Not to teach her to use a lead - what if she does need to exercise her - just because you limit food does not mean she should not be exercised.
And it's really bad to not feed a tiny puppy like that enough food. When I got Lady for my mother in law they MADE me buy this tube of "goo" in case Lady didn't eat. It apparently had everything she would need in it. They would not have let me buy her unless I bought that tube. I think their sugars can drop - I know it can be VERY BAD. She should be warned.
Why would she be worried about a puppy getting heavy? That is like watching how much a 6 month old baby is eating because you don't want her to get fat - it's wrong!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

I know thats what i told her, my old roommate was worried about how much she fed her kitten at frist too because she would eat a lot but she was really really hyper too!! no one limits a little baby human with food, they eat enough to live and be happy and what is 5 extra peices anyway??? I hate that they have on the puppy bags like feed an 8th of a cup 3 times a day or something, then if the puppy wants more than that owners are like nope you had your 3/8ths and thats all you get you will get fat.

gah.

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM
RAT ADDICT

People like that SHOULD NOT HAVE DOGS.
OMG! A dog is a living thing.IT NEEDS FOOD,SHELTER,EXCERCISE and it needs to be trained.The dog is going to grow up with a bad attitude,from being babyed and not properly socialized (she said she don't wanna take her out and let her play with other dogs).Plus the dog will become bored and probably destructive and have all kinds of behaviour issues.

What is her reason for getting a dog?
Because she seems to only want something that is material and a dog is LIFE.

My old friend's mom had a chihuahua that NEVER seen the light of day.They never walked him or took him out and he was litter trained.He basically lived like a cat and well he had bad behaviours.He was snippy and snapped alot,barky and possesive.

You should print a ton of info or get her to join here or other DOG forums.The dog is going to be miserable if she doesn't smarten up!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

yea, i don't know why she wants a dog, apparently she has had a few when she grew up in korea like this and they are fine she says, they actually have a yorki i think back home that never goes out and the reason she doesn't want it on the grass is because one of their past dogs had horrible skin from touching grass and they sent blood work to be done and it was because of grass... i don't know she thinks she knows everything so anything i say falls on dead ears.

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Well, if she doesn't walk the dog than it's muscles will be weak and wont form properly... or am I wrong there.
I use the little puppy piddle pads in my rats and hamster cage and they are not really that great, I don't think.
I'm sure if you call your local SPCA or RSPCA than they will do something, like give her a warning or something.
I don't know, it sound like a bad situation

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

well, it sounds like she isn't letting her out until she has all her shots, as she only has her first 2 and needs 1 more in a few weeks and she is running her around the house which seams funny to me but whatever heh i'll see if i can stick my nose in where it doesn't belong and get her to take her on nice long walks alot

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

she is giving her 20 peices of food 4 times a day i dont think that could be enough for a toy poodle is it? she says if she feeds her too much she will grow larger (not fatter) but larger in general and she wants a small toy poodle

[/CENTER]

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
RAT ADDICT

WHAT? 20 pieces is not enough....
And that is retarded! Where does she get her info on dogs????

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

her mom. anyway a friend came over last night that knows a lot about dogs as he has 4 of his own and has bred hunting dogs before, anyway he backed me up and said that 1st she is crazy for counting each piece, second she should be getting like a cup of food a day or there abouts. and yunnie reluctantly agreed that she would feed her more, and he told her the way the puppy jumps around and will do anything for food isn't good. she shouldn't be that hungry all the time

[/CENTER]

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Oh my gosh.
You should repport her!
It is true that your dog may not grow to be as big as it should be, if you feed it less fod, but this is because the dog dosen't get all the vitamins and proteins it needs.
This is seriously animal neglect!
However I can see how she might be scared if she dosen't have all her shots yet, but it still seams like a stupid reason not to take the dog outside.
What if she needs to go to the vet? She'll be scared out of her mind when going outside, because she isen't use to it.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

she goes outside, just not on the ground.

I don't think she is neglecting the puppy or hurting her in anyway yet. and everyday i just give her a piece of advice and she normally listens

and the pup is up to date with shots, she just has a booster left

[/CENTER]

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Not feeding the dog enough to let it keep a small size is neglect, even though it might just be because she is naive...
It is very harmfull to the dog (to any human or animal actually), and it will get very sick when it gets older, if she dosen't feed it enough.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo