Excitement weeing - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Excitement weeing

Do puppies grow out of excitement wee or is there something I need to do?
Myfanwy wees when you go to take her out or if anyone new comes to visit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

It's excitement/submissive peeing. The best thing to do is to act very casual around her when you go to take her out. Ignore the wetting and clean it up without making a big deal. Tell your friends to keep it very low key and avoid eye contact when they first walk in the door. I know it sounds silly but its the only thing to do. Some basic obedience training and puppy classes will help build her confidence.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I never tell her off for weeing when she is excited as I know it is not her fault.
Lately I have been trying to clip the lead on her when she is still asleep and then she does not do it.
I dont think she has a confidence problem as she is very out going.
And there is a big problem with languages so I cant go puppy lessons

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 05:41 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_smurtles
I dont think she has a confidence problem as she is very out going.
And there is a big problem with languages so I cant go puppy lessons
Submissive pups can appear outgoing. Basic obedience can't hurt right? I researched this subject when a client asked about it at work. Do a search on line.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my Lady is 6 years old and still pees when shes excited, my little one Penny also does it, but only when I pick up her toy...I don't think they will ever stop or grow out of it, and its ok, usually happens outside unless someone startles Penny...my Papa's dog does it when I go there, she gets so excited to see me that it happens everytime, so now I call ahead of time so she can be waiting for me outside

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Part of the Pack

They say that sometimes getting them fixed might take care of the problem. I've also read that they can grow out of it, however, my puppy has been neutered and still does it out of submission.

I did notice that when his bladder is empty he doesn't pee out of submission. It might just be a combination of excitement and a full bladder.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yes Myfanwy only does it when she needs a wee but once she has had one she wont do it

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Tags
obedience training