Feeders - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Question Feeders

Which would you pick if you had to choose between the two?

The Feed n Store Containers or the Adjustable Storage Feeder??

Dakota needs new bowls and some special attention, ... Plus I need more space in my pantry... Any advice??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I like the adjustable one so you can make it smaller for when you travel (so it'd fit in the car more easily).

Dakota is going to feel so special!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I'd say the smaller one because it adjusts.

*Missy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 12:50 AM

i have the feed n store one... let me tell you, it is sooooo awesome not having to worry about a bag of dog food hanging out on the landing.... my dogs love it being their height to
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 02:37 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

wow I have never seen either so now I am going to look into them for my dog lol he has some arthritis and bending down to the bowls is a pain for him...lol thank you for the idea

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I know with some dogs you need the elevated bowls

*Missy*
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

The adjustable one. We have elevated bowls for poppy, not the same as this one but it is adjustable and it's brilliant. It's saved her life!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 05:44 AM

I'd go for the adjustable one. First you can make it a bit smaller if you need to store it. Second it will work for several sizes of dog so if it lasts through Dakota's life and you get another dog of a different size it can work for them too.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Yeah I will probably get the adjustable one soon. The only thing I was wary about was if the plastic was durable enough not to slam down if it doesn't lock open very well... You know what I mean? But I found some reviews and someone said that it seems sorta flimsy but its definately strong enough to hold it all the way up.

Thanks guys!! And LdyDragon, good point.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 02:46 PM

I have the second (adjustable one) I think. It looks like mine but I've never stored food in it because I was afraid my dogs would chew right through it to get to the food. I got it because the only raised feeders I could find were these hand made wood ones that cost about $80. I love my dogs but they like to chew on wood so no way. They only needed it raised a little from the floor so its always been at 8". I'll go try and raise and pounce on it a little bit and let you know if it collapses BRB
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Okay I have it raised to the top, not the shorter 8 inches. My how my memory has faded. Anyway you can only adjust it from the 8" height to the 12" although it seems higher. You adjust it simply by turning the top portion around and unless they have made it differently the top portion does not lock on and if Dakota is smart enough, she may just be able to flip the top off and eat all 20lbs of food (I know my dogs would) However if you don't see that as a problem I sat on the thing and bounced around on it and it did not collapse. I have had it for at least 3 years and its never once collapsed during everyday use (two pits diving in for their food twice a day and licking the metal off the bowls type everyday use) Hope that helps in your decision.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Thanks it does!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I just got the best image of Dena sitting and bouncing on a dog food container!! So funny!!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
I just got the best image of Dena sitting and bouncing on a dog food container!! So funny!!
I was going to say the same thing!

Rhonda

Tags
dog food