female dog question.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Red face female dog question..

I have two females, one just went out of her 'season' and the other is currently in her season.....my question, and I hope it doesnt sound dumb because I really dont know....but when you take your females and get them 'fixed', do they quit having their seasons? My husband and I thought to possibly breed our two female toy poodles, but now we just would rather keep them as happy pets. We both seen how miserable they are when their in heat, so we just wanted to know if after they are fixed will they keep going through the bleeding cycles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yes, once they are fixed they will stop coming into season altogether so no more bleeding and all the local strays hanging round You normally have to wait a month or two after they have come out of heat before you can get them fixed but after that they won't have seasons and you will have happy doggies all year round. I hope that answers your question

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

That is such great news.....THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! lol