Flatulance? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Thumbs down Flatulance?

Ok so I'm posting for my mom. She says her Rottie Audrey has awfully bad gas these days and wanted to know if there was anything safe to give her for it. (She mentioned something like GasEx?)

I told her someone might ask what she's beeing fed, and she told me that she used to feed Iam's, switched to Nutro, then to Diamond all because of the stinkiness.... And now, Diamond seems to be having the same effect.

And to maybe help out a bit, I can add that she's not given very many table scraps either.

Any advice I can give to her?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 11:56 AM

tell her to get acidopholous tablets to give to her. It helps with Maverick's gas.

Also the continual change in feed can add to the gas problems. Pick one, and stick with it. Personally, i'd stay away from Diamond.. but that's just me.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 02:35 PM

i must admit the first time my lil yorkie started lettin loose around anyone i blamed the kids....then one day while home alone with him just layin on the couch....i noticed an odor, and knew it wasnt me....so it only left one culprit....now it seems that he lets loose even more than before...kinda hysterical when he catches the kids on the floor as he walks by......lol....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Thanks Chrisanne, I'll pass on the word. I personally don't feed Diamond anymore, but I am finishing off with what Kota has left since it was from a totally different distributor, states away even I think.

But again, I'll pass on the word.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 12:57 AM

Dont use Diamond Dog food. They had a big recall cuz many dogs died because the corn in the food was toxic or something. Here is a link to an article on cnn http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/22/dog.deaths/

I use nutro and my dog has some stinky gas, but she's a dog and i think thats just something we have to live with. she also had gas when i used purina before.

also here is a link to all the foods for recall

http://www.diamondpetrecall.net
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Gecko I know that info already. In fact, I made a whole thread dedicated exclusively TO it when it happened... If you re-read my previous post, you'll see I said that the diamond food I purchased back then came from a different distributor than where the "infected" food was made. Therefore, the food Kota has left over from the last purchase wasn't even made in the same state and has none of the bacteria in it.

My mom and dad, however, felt (after the initial shock and annoyance) that Diamond food is safe to feed as long as its not what was recalled. I personally will never buy Diamond food AGAIN, but seeing as what my dog has left is safe to eat, I'm not going to throw away my money. What my parents choose to feed their dog isn't up to me.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 PM

Im sorry I didnt see your other thread about it. We dont even have that brand here, but I heard about it and was devastated soo many pets had to die from that.

I switched Zoe to Nutro after my trainer said it doesnt have corn as the main ingredient and the purina i was using had corn as the main ingredient. Also since I switched to Nutro her coat has been a lot healthier.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my dogs gas has been horrid as well lol I will try those tablets

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
dog food, table scraps