Flea & Tick Meds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Flea & Tick Meds

What do ya'll use for Flea & Tick meds?

Is there any of 'em that you've had bad luck with?

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I use frontline plus. I have always had great luck with it, even when we lived in LA for a summer and the fleas are HORRIBLE there.

I tried revolution once, it sucked. I had to use a second product to control the fleas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I really like Frontline Plus ... they make a spray form too that is great. When we moved here we discovered a very bad flea problem in this neighborhood -- there are a lot of "outdoors pets" that aren't protected from fleas -- so it was very hard to keep ours flea free because the neighbor's cats could wander in our yard and reinfect it. Frontline gave us the best line of defense ... still, it is important to stress that even this brand is only effective if you treat the yard seperately ... especially if you have close neighbors.

Revolution never worked for me ... but I think that it is because the flea problem was established when we moved in here ... it is probably a good brand if it is used as a preventative. It works for my mom in N.D. ...

One thing I do know is to NEVER ever use Hartz. It doesn't last and it tends to make dogs and cats sick for a couple of days after it is applied ... it is easy to be tempted to try it as an intermediate because it is cheap but it totally isn't worth it ...

Oh, btw, we're flea-free now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Frontline Plus here too.

On the same page as Erin, I could never recommend Hartz. I see so many toxicity cases in the ER after it's been applied, it's unreal. I've seen cats go into seizures because of it.

Stephanie

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:50 PM

Frontline Plus her too. My problem here is more with ticks than with fleas though and so far it works great.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

We used protectLine once and it is rubbish. Does not kill anything and makes the animals greasy

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I use frontline on both the dogs and cats and never had any problems with it and before that i used a veterinary spray for many years till they stopped making it. I have found the cheaper stuff never works like what you get from petshops so always stick to veterinary prescribed treatments now

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

We always use Frontline Plus and have had great results. Haven't had fleas in 8 years or so. Glad to see so many others using it!

~ Jodi ~

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Naked Dog Mom

We normally use Frontline, but I've got him on K9 Advantix for the summer (we live in Louisiana where there are tons of mosquitos). I tried Advantage and hated it. It didn't absorb into his skin right and made him sticky and stinky for days. If we petted him at all within a few days of applying it, we'd get it all over our hands. Haven't had that problem with Frontline or K9Advantix.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

We use Frontline Plus here, too. Easy to apply and doesn't take long to absorb into the skin!

Karen

[