Flea treatment question? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Flea treatment question?

Its flea time again, bleh. And Ive noticed fleas on one of the dogs tanners been playing with, luckily we haven't gotten any, hes been treated with k9 advantix, but its time to order some more, and i think we might get frontline plus since its alittle cheaper, But i was wondering, Do you treat all your dogs for fleas? well because if it works the way it says its supposed to, if a flea jumps on tanner it should die right? I was wondering if we should have to treat Allie since shes so tiny i worry about putting stuff on her, and she doesn't really go anywhere the way tanner does. We've never really had any issues with fleas, but I'd like to keep it that way. I'd hate to have to treat the rabbit if we did get them. I dunno, maybe I'll order her some stuff just to have, incase we need it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

It might be a good idea to order some extra in case you need it.

Have you ever thought about revolution? It kills more then fleas, it also kills ticks and certain kinds of warms and mites and lice. It is good stuff and I was reading the package (I used it on my rats to kill lice) and it said that in trials it was tested on pregnant cats (it was the cat formula) and they used like 20 times the actual dose and it didn't hurt that cat. I know that sounds kind of cruel as I wouldn't intentionally do something like that but it's good to know.
The only thing though you might want to talk to a vet first since it does kill worms, you would want to know that it's safe for the dogs. I looked it up and the prices range from $27 to $35. You can also get them from puppies up to 5 pounds to 100 pound dogs.
If you already took the dogs to the vet you can probably just call and ask if it would be okay to put the revolution on them, I think the big concern is heartworms because you shouldn't treat them if the dog already has them.

PM me if you want to know the website that you can buy the stuff from.

*Missy*