Flipping out - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Flipping out

When I come in from leaving the dogs alone they go insane.
They squeal, bark and just run around for about 10 minutes knocking everything flying and not listening to me.

How do I stop this.
I have tried holding them still to calm them but as soon as I let them go they start all over again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Lady is like this and it used to be worse we taught her the world settle and by doing so we wouldnt give her much attention until she calmed down then we praised her and said our hellos. It didnt cure her 100% but its cause your part of the pack your alfa dog and its in their nature . Oh yeah after the calm down pet them and love them and give the treats and kisses

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

are they crate trained? Biscuit used to be totally excited when we came home too and jump all over the place but cause she is crate trained I just stopped letting her out of the crate until she had calmed down and then let her out. If she got excited I'd 100% ignore her fold my arms up and turn my back on her, I wouldn't even say a word. They are doing it for the attention so the best way is to not give them any and when they are calm then go give them that attention they want! I'm still worknig on Biscuit when it comes to visitors cause the visitors just say 'it's okay' and let her but at least she does it for a couple of minutes and then goes and lies down. When I can if I know people are coming I crate her just before they come but sometimes you don't always know when they're coming.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Angel use to do that... I ignored her and when she calmed down, I was ready with a treat and lots of praise... It's helped her quite a bit... Just know that dogs are like a bunch of 7 year olds... Reverse psychology normally works wonders.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I do not put my dogs in a crate.
They are seperated though.
I will try ignoring them. Myfanwy squeals and wants attention but Indy just runs all over the house

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge

Tags
crate trained