Found a dog (pictues) what kind is he? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Question Found a dog (pictues) what kind is he?

I pull in to the driveway today to find a gorgeous dog sitting outside the garage door. I tried to call him over to see if he would come and would obviously show signs that he had an owner, but he didn't come and backed up the more I got closer and stuck his tail in between his legs. After a little more time I finally pet him and could feel ribs and asked the neighbors if they knew where he had came from. They said that they thought that he had been dropped off. I have some pics and was wondering if you guys had a guess about what kind he is?
Thanks!
He is pretty cute.. ohh no oh no.. don't start thinking of names don't do it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I am allergic to maths

Wow, hes handsome, the first thing that struck me was husky but the ears and the coloring dont fit, im would take a guess that he is a mix of husky and ???, I just dont know...
He is such a handsome dog, give into temptation, name him
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
RAT ADDICT

What a cutie! Can I have him?
I am currently looking for a large dog for my family.Haha!

I agree.He definatly looks like he has some husky in him.I say he's definatly a husky mix.What are you gonna do with him?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think he might have some rottwieler and maybe some husky, and some shepherd. I would name him Rosco.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
I think he might have some rottwieler and maybe some husky, and some shepherd. I would name him Rosco.
Wow, he does looks like a Rosco...

Dimaris

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

I have no idea what he is although i would def say husky in there somewhere! He is gorgeous though! xxx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

He is beautful! I don't know why on earth someone would leave him. Are you keeping him? He looks like a sweetheart.
Oh and your landscaping is very pretty.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Part of the Pack

I agree with the husky suggestion, his face and ears are very Labrador shaped...

~Ren~
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.

Rags- Blue Healer/Border Collie Mix

Nelix- Yellow Lab Mix

Tippy- Black and White Fancy Rat

Fredi- Tan and White Fancy Rat

RIP- Aggie, Dorito
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Thanks guys! And thanks about the landscaping comment! I love working outside
I do not know what I am going to do with him yet.. I think it is pretty clear that he does not have an owner but I have 2 dogs still in the house and would want to take him to the vet first just to play things safe. I really have not been looking for another dog but I have a very guilty conscience and would feel bad just leaving him be, so no way can I do that. And around here I do not know of anyone who would take him, I would want to make sure that he goes to an excellent home. It seems that he may have been abused or mistreated by the way he acts. He is scared of everything but is coming around a tiny bit. It is raining outside right now and the dog was just laying outside soaking wet. So I let him in the basement for now.. I am trying not to grow attached! Although you all are making this a hard thing to do! And he actually does remind me of a Rosco too! Oh no!

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Betta Bomb

OMG! you sure have a handsome there ^-^ he looks to be senior and senior dogs are always more special! I hope you keep him and make him happy and comfortable, names.....Maybe "Chikne" which is how you wouls call one handsome in Hindi lol.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

He's cute! He reminds me of an Australian Shepherd (well, a mix) but maybe that's just me!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Adolescent Pup

His head shape, ears, chest, and stance tell me he has Rottweiler in him. His markings could be huskyish, or maybe hound. I definitely see Rottweiler though...
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Newborn Pup

I would agree with everyone here in that he looks like a husky...I would guess he is mixed with rotti as he does some some characteristics. He is beautiful.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM
I am allergic to maths

The ears and nose do look a bit rottie-ish
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Just saw this thread!! So funny 'cause the first thing I thought when I saw him was "Husky with possible shepard mix"!! He's a cutie!! Gonna keep 'im? I think he looks like a "Roscoe" as well!!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...