Found a puppy - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm glad that you have her now. Please let us know how she's doing. Poor little thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

I took her to the vet earlier, her neck was getting really swollen. She has a lot of bite wounds. The vet shaved around each wound they found to clean them up. Most are superficial except for the one on her neck. Its pretty deep and has abscessed, which caused the swelling. Her lymph nodes in her neck were also swollen. She has a temp too. Poor little girl, she is really feeling horrible.

They gave me some antibiotics, pain meds, heartworm prevention, frontline and some de-wormer. She will probably be able to get her vaccinations next week if she is feeling better.

She finally ate some food, which seemed to perk her up a little. Her abscess is oozing, yay.

She is doing much better than this morning though. The pain meds really helped her a lot. She finally got to sleep.

She is a 6-7 week old Rott mix. She is just so young, I bet she misses her home. The theory is that either another dog or a coyote took her. That would explain the bite marks. My sister found her because she was screaming in the woods. So Im guessing my sister saved her from getting killed.

Here are some more pictures of her...

This is after the vet. You can see one shaved area on her side and her whole neck is shaved.

Isn't she just the cutest? The other dogs don't seem to mind her. She hasn't really done much but lay around and sleep though. Im still deciding on a name. Its hard when I don't know her real personality.
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

She's such a cutie! Thanks for the update. I'm sure she'll be very happy living with you.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Part of the Pack

What a cutie!! I hope she recovers quickly, she's gotta love you for what you're doing for her!!
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

oh my gosh Amber she is so adorable!

Im glad she is gonna be ok...so happy!

What a terrible start for her and im sure she misses her family...but im sure you will give her lotz of Love and she will be just fine if not better.

Thank goodness your sister heard her cries for help and you were able to help her soon as you did. for both you and your sis.....oh and give a big hug to your new little baby there, too

Lve Never Fails

post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Will It Ever Change?

oh MAN she's sooo sweet! I grew up with a rotty mix, they're just hams. so so protective and loyal. bless you for nurturing her!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 06:15 PM

She's gorgeous! Glad to hear that she's doing a bit better I'm sure with all your love, she'll be back to herself in no time. Poor little baby..
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Title Thief Victim

Aww, im sooo glad shes doing better! Hope she continues to get better.

SOO glad you're sister found her and gave her to you!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oh she is so beautiful! I am so glad you have her now. She is in very good hands. I am so glad that your sister heard her and did something and better yet that she gave her to you!
That poor little thing. Although I am sure she misses the rest of her litter she cannot be in a better place. I am sure in a day or two you will be her new mommy!
And I really don't know the last time I saw such an adorable puppy. You may want to take into account her beauty when naming her.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I'm so happy she's doing well! You guys are great!!

Maybe you can name her Screamer. If you don't find the original owners, will you keep her? She's so adorable!

post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 PM

She's so sweet. I'm glad to hear she is doing better and I definitely think she will be happy with you. She may have even been dumped off somewhere even though that's a tough thing to think of I've heard of it happening. Poor pup!
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 PM

awe how cute, Im glad shes okay. Looks like a rottie/shepard mix? Anyway, shes a cutie!
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Newborn Pup

Poor little sweetie! Thank goodness your sister found her!!
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM

She is sooooo cute!! Thinking of names--does this mean you are going to keep her?? I hope so she is so lucky to have you
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 PM

poor little puppy that is cool that your sister found here souds like if not the pup would have been someones lunch
let us know when she is fully recovered
she looks healthy considering

Tags
vet visit