"Frankie" went home today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Unhappy "Frankie" went home today

I know I should be happy that he found a really good home and a family that both Darren and I feel will show him a life time of love and happiness, but ya know I grew attached to the little guy and I'm sad that he is gone ....but it is hard NOT to get attached to all the animals we rescue/foster, some more than other's and I know saying "good-bye" is a happy ending to what we have done, but I'm still sad.
It was really kewl though, his new family got home last night from paris and called us first thing this morning, wanting to know when they could pick him up, so we met with them and gave them their little boy, and ya know his new daddy is just like a little kid, he was so excited to see him and kept telling us what he had already bought him and that he even went out and bought a book on puppies since it has been a very long time since he has owned a dog, and kept saying how he can't wait to get him his shots so he can take him to the park and other places. Darren and I looked at eachother and smiled as we both knew we made the right choice in letting them adopt "Frankie".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw honey!! you are so gracious and couragous in the work that you do! you are truly a role model!! i am so happy for lil frankie and i know that someday you will be able to think of him and only smile. my thoughts are with you.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks a bunch Jane....your a true sweetheart

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

What you do is wonderful...It sounds like Frankie is getting a great home. Im sure him and his new owners are very glad that you rescue like you do...plus all of the other animals you have rescued in the past and will rescue in the future...its just so great that you have the heart to do it and share it with other people too. Feel better...

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Melissa thanks hun and your right, Frankie is getting a great new home, and I know I'll be happy about it before I know it

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm sorry you're sad. I can't imagine how hard it is to give them up. You deserve a huge for all that you do.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 04:02 PM

Awww Kim I know how hard this is for you.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks Steph & Marie
but ya know today is a new day and my body thanks me for a good nights rest, Frankie wasn't there to wake us up in the middle of the night to go potty, or better yet there was no howling in the middle of the night because he was bored and wanted to play

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Awee Kim, if you didn't become attached to all the fur babies you brought into your home, I would have to question your sanity. Frankie's new family sounds incredible! At least you got a good night's rest.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's great news for Frankie! It sounds like he has a wonderful new home! I don't know how you do it, fostering and giving them up (I'm sure I'd be a foster failure) but good for you, you deserve a round of applause!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks a bunch Denise

CP: Fostering isn't easy work and your heart definitely works over time, but we do what we do because it is what we feel we were meant to do and Thank You

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

You did a great thing by letting those people adopt Frankie. What you do is wonderful, but it seems really hard. Here's a for ya!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

You are amazing and you do amazing work! WIth out you they would never have found each other.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I would love to foster but I think I would never be able to give them up and then end up with like 700 animals and be on the enws. You kow how wonderful and giving I think you are!~

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee you all are making me blush ....yes it is hard to let them go, but it is a better feeling in the end when you know you have helped them find the family that is willing to love them forever and give them the home they truly deserve
I think the hardest one on us has been Jessie, we were really thinking of keeping her, but that would make 7 dogs and with all that we do, we know our hands would be too full, between the bunnies, dogs, cats, and chinnies, so we have opted to let her go, but she will be going to the BEST home possible back in the states and if it weren't for the family she is going to I think we probably would have kept her!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
fur babies