Freakin out - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Freakin out

My 1 y/o siberian husky was bleeding from her undercoat. I barely noticed it when she was given a bath. Her entire white undercoat is pink and we keep looking for a wound and keep rinsing her with water but we can't seem to find a wound. She was a few fleas in her arm pits, but I noticed clumps of small scabs. It looked like clumped dirt but I think they're scabs. We barely noticed it this morning. I am freaking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Just calm down and try to phone a vet, better if you could bring him immediately. Flea bites should not cause a bleed unless it is very vulnerable and extreme. Hope your dog is just fine.. update us.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Ok. We washed her and the pink stuff washed out. We found fat fleas around her armpit and immediately got all kinds of flea medication, from more shampoo to sprays. She seems happy. I'm going to check her again and if I have to, will pull out the fleas myself if they don't drop off themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 PM
It's all for them

Flea dirt turns red when wet, that is what you are probably seeing. However if she has that much flea dirt on her you need to start using a safe flea treatment on her like frontline plus or revolution, something like that.

Forget the store bought sprays and shampoos and junk. Use a safe proven spot on treatment such as name brand Frontline Plus or Revolution. If you don't have cats in the house you can use K9 Advantix, but don't use Advantix around cats.

Declawing: please read this first
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you very much!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Newborn Pup

I did not know that you couldn't use Advantix around cats. Thanks for the heads up!

Tags
bleeding, siberian husky, undercoat