FREE - Dalmation (full bred) in GA - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Clean, fresh water! Ahhh, so refreshing!

Are you watching, lady? I'm doing what you told me to. Am I going to get a treat if I poop too?

Ok, I'm done pottying. I wanna go back inside now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 06:22 PM

Red face

I'm glad the spaniel got a new home.. Earnhardt is lovely, you must keep him! Thanks for taking them in, from their former owner!
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Wow, he's very handsome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 11:24 PM

He's beautiful! SOOO much better looking than the Dalmation that came into work today...she was shaped like an ottoman! Really FAT!
I'm so glad he gets along with your other dogs! I'm sure you'll find him a great home!
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Awe, thank you, everyone! Gosh, I just have to share this with you ... something amazing that occurred last night: I let Earnhardt sleep in the bed with me again (confined to a leash, like the night before). I woke up this morning, and my 2 dogs were in my bed, but not Earnhardt! His leash and collar were there, still attached to the furniture, which he pryed off himself. I looked at Hercules, and saw him staring at the door to the larger crate, which led my eyes to the interior of the crate, where I found Earnhardt sound asleep!!! The crate door was shut, but not locked, with a very large dog bed propped up against it to keep it shut!!! Earnhardt does well in his crate, but it takes all my strength to get him in there, so this was just too bizarre! Apparently, Hercules (my Spanish Water Dog) rounded him up and put him in his crate, shut the door, and propped the dog bed up against it to contain him, then stood guard to make sure he didn't escape!!! BTW, Hercules is the one who taught my cousin's adult Golden how to sit by pushing the Golden's butt down with his paw, and he's done several other amazing things. Is that not totally bizarre?

Well, other than the poop I found on my floor, which apparently occurred in between Earnhardt escaping from his leash and being sent to his crate by Hercules, I'm proud to say that we had no other accidents today ... no marking ... no nothing ... and I've kept him unleashed, but confined, to each room I was in today. Right now, he's lying on the carpeted floor in my office, behind my chair, with my 2 other dogs. He sniffed the room several times, but I said "no" each time, cuz it appeared he was about to mark, and he immediately stopped!

He's also learned how to sit and lie down (although he still gets the two confused), doesn't pull on the leash anymore when we go up and down the stairway (I trained him to pause with each step I take), and he knows "outside" (potty), "cookie" (treat), "din-din", "hungry" and "upstairs". So, my efforts seem to be paying off! I'm soooo proud of him!
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Oh, BTW, the Cocker growled and snapped at my 3 year old cousin today, and my aunt was really frightened, so my sister went to AL to get him earlier this evening. I told her I'd try to find him another home, but she said she wants to try her luck at training him, and one of her good friends, who has trained several dogs in the past, is going to help her, so I'm hoping that it works out. I've got my fingers crossed!
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 10:21 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted. I love the pictures of the Dal. He is a cutie!!!
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Earnhardt is now officially house-broken ... as of 1 week ago, absolutely no marking or accidents! And, he's still available to a good home, if anyone is interested.

What happened to my siggy?
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Congrats on the potty training!!

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Here's some more pix of Earnie (Earnhardt). My pic host went bonkers, so the other pix above are now X's.

Gosh, I know I'm cute, but you're embarrassing me.

It wasn't me! Honest, I didn't do it.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Hey! Whatcha got under here for me?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

I believe I've found a forever home for Earnie. The guy lives in Gainesville, FL, and I'm taking Earnie there to meet him next week. He's a long-time chat buddy of my deceased ex-hubby, and appears to be a great dad for Earnie ... already started buying toys and treats, and has a vet lined up for him. This is so wonderful!

I'm gonna miss him though. Yeah, I know ... he'll be much happier as an only-dog, where he can get ALL of the affection he so rightfully deserves. Gosh, please convince me of this, cuz it's breaking my heart already with just the thought of giving him up.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 12:15 PM

((hug))

Just think how spoiled rotten he will be!
((hug))
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Awe, thank you! I'm taking him to his new home in Gainesville, FL on Tues. or Wed. His new daddy can hardly wait to meet him.

Tags
cocker spaniel, dog bed, dog food, dry food, potty train, potty training, tap water