Frontline Plus - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Frontline Plus

I was just wondering...will Frontline Plus flea/tick prevenative come off in water? Because I just applied it on all the dogs today and I was hoping to groom Sophie over the weekend which would include a bath...should I wait?

Also, Rocky is a short-haired dog and the package says it prevents fleas for three months but ticks for only one month. I was thinking of only applying it to him every three months since with him it's unlikely he'll get ticks because of his short fur. In all his life, he's only had two ticks which were noticed really quickly and removed. He's up to date on his vaccines, including the one for Lyme Disease. Do you think I should still apply it every month? Also, he's very difficult when I'm putting it on and I got some on his fur. Is that ok? He's not able to lick it off or anything.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think it used to say on the package to wait 2 days before giving a bath after application. I don't have one handy, but check the box. Other than that, yes it's waterproof.

I'd say talk to your vet about the timing of the applications, it's really going to depend on the situation.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
I think it used to say on the package to wait 2 days before giving a bath after application. I don't have one handy, but check the box. Other than that, yes it's waterproof.

I'd say talk to your vet about the timing of the applications, it's really going to depend on the situation.
Thanks for the fast reply .

Ok, I'll talk to the vet. I should be there soon anyways since I think we're running low on the heartworm tablets.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:03 PM

yes i would expect its ok to bath him by now. But the regularity varies, as mentioned

Tags
lyme disease