The funniest thing your dog ever did? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

The funniest thing your dog ever did?

I thought I would post this. I thought it would be fun to see what is the funniest thing you dog has ever done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Ah, Odie's always doing funny/goofy things.. but one I always remember is:

Back when he was around 5 months old... he used to try to steal food from my plate. My ex-housemate taught him to beg for food. It's a habit hard to break, so what I did was modify it to give him the last bite if he behaved well while I was eating. He used to jump on me when I was eating and being really annoying. So what I did was if he stayed sitted, I gave him some, but if he jumped and tried to steal food, I put him on time out. Well... one day I was eating and, as I usually do, here at the puter. I had some meat that I had to use a knife to cut, so I put the laptop on the couch to one side and my plate on the puter table. Odie was at my other side sitting and looking at my plate. I was talking on AIM to my best friend so I turned to the side to type. I have mirror closet doors, so I could see my plate and my doggy while I typed. Well, when I turned, Odie stretched a bit and lied with his front legs on my lap. He stayed there for a couple of seconds and sitted up again, this time with his paws on my lap. THen he started to, really slowly, approach to my plate. Not moving his paws, just stretching his neck and much as possible. I had finished typing but I stayed in the possition looking through the mirror to see what he would do. Well, she kept approching as slowly as he could to the closest piece of meat. He was at inches reach and sterted to bend his head to the side to take the piece, when I suddenly say "NO". I'm sure he almost had a heart attack! He jumped back to his original position (sitting on the couch by my side without his paws on me). I looked at him and he gave me a look that said "how did you know?". I thought that was so funny!

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Part of the Pack

The panty raiders !

This is a story from back in da day. I was about 8 years old and we had two yorkie's. My mother and father were entertaining some people who were trying to woo my father into coming to work overseas, we were all told to me on our very best behaviour. Here is the happy family sitting in the living room with guests when Licorice and Harvey (the yorkie's) come parading into the middle of the room each with a pair of my mother's undies. Now my mom is a bigger lady and her panties were of enough acreage to cover the state of Texas and the yorkies are both extremely petite dogs so to watch this unfold was one of the funnies things I had ever seen especially since this was such a "formal" visit for my family.

Ahhh, the good ol days.....

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 10:16 AM

The funniest things my dogs ever did was go mouse hunting. There was a hole someone on the external part of the house allowing little meeces to run rampant in my attic and occasionally getting stuck in the walls. Well apparently they were freaking my dogs out so my little puppies decided to dig them out of the walls. Yes they put several hug holes in my walls. Its only funny now because the mice are gone and we put wainscoating up to stop them from digging.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Orion's weird...most of the funny things he does are related to the fact that he is a big chicken! He freaks out over really dumb things! The funniest was one day Shane and I decided to take the dogs for a walk while the kids were at school. Well, we were walking down the street and someone had put an old recliner on the curb for trash pickup. When Orion saw the chair, this deep rumbling came from somewhere in the prehistoric times and he stopped short. Kali kept trotting along next to Shane, but I had Orion and he would NOT budge! Nor would he take his eyes off that chair! I tried to pull him along down the sidewalk but again, he wouldn't move. Next thing I know, he's viciously barking at the chair and "hopping" backwards! Kali was looking at him like he had two heads. I had to walk him across the street just to pass this stupid chair and the whole time he was growling and barking at it! When we were far enough past the chair, I was able to cross the street back to Shane and Kali but Orion kept looking back at it and almost ran from it tail tucked under him! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen him do!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Leave it to Orion!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Okay this may sound a little grose, but it was hilarious!! Beau (our rescue shep/abruzzi mix) has a gas problem, and well on the tile floors it tends to vibrate, Well one day he was chasing his tail and farting, and he kept getting this really shocked look on his face and kept going, so he sat down and farted again it vibrated so bad that I swear the floor shook, as I was laughing so hard poor Beau Beau got this look like "what was that" and begin to chase his tail again at the same time he was wimpering, yes it was a little sad but very funny, well he did this over and over for about 10 minutes, (chasing his tail and farting, sitting and farting, chasing his tail and farting) I thought I was going to bust a gutt!
Now you have to picture his face as Darren doesn't call him "fraggle" for nothing (poor Beau Beau)

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Kim! That's halarious! Kali and Orion fart too and Shane is always commenting on how LOUD they fart! He says, "It's not like they have butt cheeks to smack together! How are their farts so noisy??!!"

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

omg Kim
Ok well Biscuit's funniest story happened yesterday actually! We were at the beach and she was playing with the dogs like usual. There was a woman there who was doing yoga or something. anyway she was standing up and then rolling over and touching her toes, going back into a straight position and arching her back a little with her arms straight up into the air. I was looking at her thinking she was a little crazy to be doing that on the dog beach. I turned back to look for Biscuit and she was playing, but then her eye caught this woman. When Biscuit seen her she was hunched over, touching her toes and then she was up in the air, with her arms straight up.
Biscuit saw that as an invitaion to go charging up to the woman to jump on her. Well by the time Biscuit got to her she was hunched back over again so instead Biscuit jumped on her head and gave her a big sandy sloppy kiss! I almost died but the woman laughed and thought she was gorgeous....although I didn't go over and let her know she was mine...I just turned and watched cindy instead I knew it would be my dog that would go and jump on her...I mean what other dog could it be!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Carmen, gotta love Biscuit.....and I'm laughing so hard right now at Mandie's question I don't know how they can fart so loud w/out having butt cheeks! But ya know Beau farts everyday and everyday he looks at his bum like it's something new

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Kim! That's halarious! Kali and Orion fart too and Shane is always commenting on how LOUD they fart! He says, "It's not like they have butt cheeks to smack together! How are their farts so noisy??!!"

You just have to mention the word "fart" and I am laughing hysterically (yes, I have a 5 year old mentality) but reading about dogs farting has given it an entire new meaning. My good friend said her Shar Pei always has loud farts and I never believed her because like Mandie mentioned, there are no bum cheeks. You mean they make that much noise when they fart?
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Smile Dog's Farting

April has done some funny things in the short time we have had her. It is amazing...so it is hard to say what the funniest thing that my doggie ever did? Where do I begin?

Well, one night, my husband and I were driving home from a party, and April was laying on my lap sleeping. She started to get really anzy and was moving around a lot. Finally, she let one rip. She farted.

This little doxie, not even 8 pounds yet...and she farted. It was so bad, I was trying to open the window. I started to yell at my husband "stop child locking the window." "open the window" He was laughing so hard he could not even answer me. He opened his window, but still I am sitting there banging on the window button and still could not get it open.

When my husband finally composed himself, he calmly explained that my window was broken recently, and he was going to fix it later.

It was pretty funny because my husband was getting a good laugh, watching me try very hard to open a window that would not open, because a little 8 pound dog farted.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aprilsmom, I feel your pain, hahaha!
Denise that's okay I can laugh with ya girlie, because I keep reading what I wrote and what mandie wrote and I just bust a gutt everytime

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Me too Kim, me too!

Okay, Orion just did something I found absolutely halarious and no, it didn't involve bodily functions

The other day I took Orion in for his annual vaccinations and he was due for his Rabies vaccine. Well, just now I realized I didn't put his new Rabies tag on him, so I took his collar off to attach it. Normally, both the Rabies tag as well as the ID tags are rivited to their collars so they don't rip them off when they wrestle. Shane has the riviting tool at work with him, so I just attached the tag to to metal loop on the collar.

I snapped the collar back on Orion and it jingled. Orion stopped short to listen, but when he didn't hear anything, he started walking again. When he walked, he heard the jingle again. Next thing I know, he is walking backwards cocking his head to the left and right with his head down like he's trying to grab the tag with his teeth! He's so stupid! It was truely funny to see him trying to grab that tag while backing up! He finally gave up when he had backed up so much, his bum hit the wall and he freaked himself out! He's now in the bedroom on my bed "hiding" from the rabies tag!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

poor Orion

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
golden retriever, litter box, older dog