Funny Chewy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Funny Chewy

I just have to share this story with you all. Apparently Chewy believes he should at least be partially on the raw food diet. Well, he took it upon himself to start. By stealing a frozen ribeye out of the sink shortly after I took it out to defrost.

Apparently he liked it so much he came back later for some corn on the cob hubby had out to cook.

Oh the joys of having a dog that can reach the counter tops without trying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

too funny,
Chrisanne I can fully understand what it's like to have a dog that can reach the counters not to mention a few that like to help themselves to what they know isn't theirs
Chewy sounded like he enjoyed his share of the dinner quite nicely

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Oh he did Kim. He knew hubby was mad too, cause he RAN. The more hubby chased and scolded the more I laughed.

How can you take the things like that in anything less than humor?! Ya know. Getting mad does no good, so i just laugh.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Oh Chewy!! Your husband's reaction reminded me of when Gerona stole my slipper! I was running around the house chasing her, trying to get my slipper, and she would stop, grrrrr at me with it in her mouth, and then take off again! Sami was laughing so hard while I was yelling, "THIS IS NOT FUNNY!"

My grandfather once had a dog that WOULD NOT be allowed in the house for Christmas or Thanksgiving because every time the family left the room, he would sneak him a piece of the turkey or ham. I honestly think he was doing this for years and it went unnoticed until one year he just decided to get down the whole turkey! And if you were holding a sandwich in your hand and was not paying attention, he would just geeeennntttly slip it out from your hand and gobble it down.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oooohhh! My old dog Zazu was FAMOUS for that! I remember spending 15 minutes getting guests and the kids all set up with their pizza knowing that was only 1 slice left for me...walking into the kitchen and finding NO pizza left! Just Zazu smacking his lips! I KNEW it was him! But I blamed my kids Dad for not leaving me any pizza

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I've experienced that too Chrisanne. Bach stole an entire pound of hamburger off the counter once.... Manto stole 3 porkchops not that long ago! Little pig!!

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Way to go Chewy! I don't feel so bad now. My Lacey counter surfs daily, usually with no reward because we push everything back on the counter! I have tried everything and well quite frankly give up. I clean my counters so who cares? She is not allowed to do it and is scolded but will not stop(same as my cats) One girl I work with says I should beat the h*ll out of her I say if you can't deal with some things animals will do than you shouldn't have animals. I don't think any of us are perfect so should I expect it from our furkids?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

lol That's funny!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

LOL! So, What did you have for dinner?

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

That's what I was wonderin' - who ate a Bologna sandwich instead of a rib eye ?? LOL

Dutchy, short as he is, is a counter-surfer too. I don't know how many loaves of bread I've lost because they didn't get pushed back far enough

Sharon
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg, that's too funny!!

we were bbq'ing once and had all the chicken legs outside in a pan on a chair. well, little bitty penny stands up and steals a chicken leg right from under us! i had to tug the chicken out of her mouth and when i finally got it and went to throw it away, she took another one! darn dogs!

my cat back home will drink the water out of your mugs if you leave it around.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

My dogs have never done this. They're not allowed in the kitchen. They're allowed to sit at the door and look in, but they know not to step a paw onto that tile floor. They will push the envelope and put a nail on the floor, though.

My cats know not to go on counters, either. Food theft has never been a concern, unless one of us [dumb] humans leaves food out someplace else where they can reach.

I did once catch Lacey eating from my plate when I left it on my bed. Numerous times I've caught her staring at my plate/bowl when I came back into my room. She rarely misbehaves, though.

My boyfriend's family's cat often steals food, if you're not careful. She's been badly spoiled...if a bowl is left out it's for her. Same with plates. So if you happen to walk away from your food, leaving it on the table, she WILL jump up and gobble it down.

She will also open up grocery bags, chew on containers, etc., to get food out. Oh, and she'll rip open un-opened potato chip bags.

I try to inhale my food so Houdini doesn't get a chance. *grumble*

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL we had a black lab dog, that did the same thing, we had been out for a walk, it was Txgiving, and my grandparents were there, my dog, got on the counter and ate the turkey that was cooling!!! My parents thought that my grandparents had gotten really hungry, as they didn't go for the walk , untill they saw the mess.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

OMG LOL He had a good dinner for sure.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
I say if you can't deal with some things animals will do than you shouldn't have animals. I don't think any of us are perfect so should I expect it from our furkids?
Exactly!

I know if Sami and I were not animal lovers, I don't think we could handle our zoo as well as we do. Gerona has wool-eating problems, Galina is constantly having to be babied because she gets grouchy if Seamus gets more attention than her, Kirby sheds like no one can believe usually you have to BRIBE him to listen to you, and Seamus has potty problems (like going in the CAR).

But we will love them all the same. (And just shake our heads when they do something that they shouldn't or is just stupid. )

Hehe, sounds like everyone here has a pooch that feels s/he should have some fine dining, too!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
animal lover, animal lovers, bitter apple spray, black lab, raw food diet