Fur Loss Help!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Fur Loss Help!!

Hello all, my name is Jesica and I am new to your forum. I have high hopes you all can help answer my question!

I have a one and a half year old Alaskan Malamute named Aliah and I believe she suffered from flea allergy dermatitis. We had a terrible flea problem which we have since eradicated, but the effects are still being seen. Due to the fleas, Aliah has lots a great deal of fur. Traditionally, Alaskan Malamutes have a great deal of beautiful fur. If you haven't seen a member of the breed, you're missing out, they're truly gorgeous.

My question is, now that the problem has been eradicated, will her beautiful fur grow back?? What can I do to help stimulate the growth? She has a bald spot on the back of each leg and is overall less furry and I feel so bad!

I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced this. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So sorry to hear your dog just suffered heavy flea. Coat recovery is always possible to return the true but mostly depends on how the skin affected, I heard there are some kind of shampoo with oil that promotes skin and hair reconditioning.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Betta Bomb

If theres that much of a problem- take her to the vet to have her monthly flea pill and begein treatments on skin healing. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Newborn Pup

my mom puts vitamin e that comes in a tube on the skin to help soothe a rash/scab/ protect the skin from drying out and the vitamin usually helps the hair growth, it should grow back, my dogs constantly get fleas and chew their fur off and it grows back in about a month or so. try calling your vet to see what they recommend

rue&mummbles my lovely degus always keep me up with their squeakkky wheel
i love hearing them squeak when i enter the room
i love my little chimichangas =]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Betta Bomb

If your animals "constantly get fleas" you should toss out the vitamin E cream as it is not preventing the fleas from biting the animals, its only soothing skin. You NEED to get them on a monthly vet prescription for flea control and this will prevent flea related diseases like Lyme disease and whatever else discusting those creatures carry!!! Its your responsibility.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Newborn Pup

my dog is allergic to every flea be gone product and i live in an area where there are literaly always fleas everywhere. when we moved in our house had an infestation we didnt know about... and this house had wall to wall carpets. its horrible. the fleas always come back at some point and the constantly ment like twice in 3yrs not like every month.they are currently flea free. and the vitamin e really does help alot

rue&mummbles my lovely degus always keep me up with their squeakkky wheel
i love hearing them squeak when i enter the room
i love my little chimichangas =]

Tags
flea allergy dermatitis, hair loss